It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 2:53 pm

Post subject: Software for recording/mixing/ some sequencing with 606?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:16 am 

What up y'all,

been rockin a 606 for a bit now making beats but haven't really used it with any software or recorded too much yet. i have a mac and am running OSX. i need something that will let me record into my comp all 4 tracks simultaneously and track them out on the software. and then also obv add some muted sample groups, additional sounds etc...

i was thinking of getting an mbox just to get some midi connection to be able to record all 4 tracks simultaneously without having to record one, go back and try and start recording the others at the same time.

any suggestions, tips, workarounds, etc.. are very much welcomed.

good looking out in advance for any help offered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:58 am 

As far as recording 4 track simultaneously through midi, I dont think you can do that ( Just read the ridiculous midi thread). Midi doesnt send audio. You can stream the audio through usb, but it is one track. With whatever software you choose, just slave the 606 to the software and then it will sync up to the software. What I do with my setup is I make my beats on the 606 internally and have it running through ableton and set up all the tracks I want ( drums, samples, whatnot) and i'll just sync it up and mute all tracks on the sequencer on the 606 except the one i want recorded. Then i hit record on the DAW and it'll do it automatically. Then repeat the process. You dont need another interface to record or track to a daw, the 606 is its own interface. Lots of rambling but hope that helps.

Edit: oh and as far as software goes I'm not sure what's available for mac, audacity is probably available and its free. Or you could become a dirty pirate :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:09 am 

haha, thanks for the help dude. do you know if i can slave it with garageband? don't think i can, but not positive. thanks tho man, i'll see what i can do...[/code]