It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:14 am

Post subject: Is my Output R or L broken?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:38 am 

When I first got my roland from ebay.. it said it was new.

So now this is my problem: I was putting plugs into my Output and hooking them up to speakers... and they would both work. Both speakers would put out music. Now, today... I try doing it.. and only the left side of ANY kind of speakers comes out. I bought new plugs to make sure it wasnt the plugs and still the same thing. Im thinking its the roland itself. But thing is, I will take out the Left plug in output and still only the left speaker will only play. I take out the Right output and leave the left one in and still.. only the left speaker plays and not the right. So im thinking its inside my roland thats the problem. Unless i messed something up with the balance with my roland?

So now im using speakers to hook right up to my Phones slot. So that works for now and I use output to record onto my computer and Input for my mic.

Does anyone know if I can get this repaired. If so, can i go to a local music store and would anyone know the price range on this?

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:08 am 

Are you still getting both sides outputting sound from your headphones?

Also, what about your speakers? are they fine with other equipment?

Are you using monitors or hi-fi speakers (if it's hi-fi the balance on the amp may be screwed)?

If you are unplugging the left side and leaving the right plugged in, but still only getting sound from the left speaker, it sounds as if a speaker driver has gone.

If it is the SP, it shouldn't cost much to fix - it's only a pre-amp or connection if anything...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:47 am 

606man wrote:
Are you still getting both sides outputting sound from your headphones?

Also, what about your speakers? are they fine with other equipment?

Are you using monitors or hi-fi speakers (if it's hi-fi the balance on the amp may be screwed)?

If you are unplugging the left side and leaving the right plugged in, but still only getting sound from the left speaker, it sounds as if a speaker driver has gone.

If it is the SP, it shouldn't cost much to fix - it's only a pre-amp or connection if anything...

Yes, Im getting both sides of the output from the phones slot.

The speakers were working with the computer speakers.

Im using the computer speakers that are NOT attatched to the computer.

The speakers work on the computer... also an AMP works.. but it doesnt have a R and L speaker.. its just ONE thing.

And yes, I do have a Roland SP-606.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:22 pm 

I'd get it looked at if I was yas you.

In the mean time - use the headphones output into you amp so you can hear both sides. Seems really dodgey if the output has gone - that doesn't usually happens for at least ten years on most equipment! Do let us know if you find the problem...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:56 pm 

where can i go to get it looked at? a music store?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:21 am 

Email Roland to find out where the local (closest) Official Service Centre is. Don't get it fixed by cowboys!!!!