It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:51 am

Post subject: single shot bass notes a through g
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:24 pm 

is there any chance i can find single bass samplez a through g so i can build a bass line for my beats? or ne other ides i odnt have a synth or ne thing? or could i even build a bass line in the p606 cakewalk software?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:59 pm 

You can certainly use P606 for basslines. Make sure you run the VST wrapper (on the CD) first, so that you can use Effects to crunch up your sound (the built-in bass sounds need beefing up with compressors and overdrive, imo).

You can use multisamples too, and they sound awesome, there is a multisamples thread here somewhere. It looks complicated at first, but once you master it you can have multisamples on in a couple of minutes!

Post subject: i guess im a little confused <making beats>
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:13 pm 

ok so today im gonna buy the 1/4 inch to mini jack cable, how do i go about making beats, i have plenty of patterns and samples, and ill be using th p606 software i know this might be a dumb question but where do i start? thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:51 pm 

Start by emulating your favourite artists. To do this, record parts of their tracks, and analyse the resulting waveform to see where the kicks, snares, bass notes etc are actually occuring on the timeline. Then make your own version of the same thing.

This is a learning tool; obviously once you start to get some confidence you will be able to make your own, original, patterns.