It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:16 am

Post subject: Questions on the Roland SP-606
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:26 pm 

Hey.. I just bought this off ebay, a Roland SP-606. It didnt come with a manual. But how do I upload songs from my Roland to my PC? the P606 Software doesnt have any options.

Please help me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:51 pm 

LilWayne there is no way for you to download or upload the songs you make on the unit . You have to go and buy another device like a Interface or a audio card that has audio conections to it . And you can download the manaul at rolands website with the software also. Sorrie couldn't help more :( .. remember the grooves that move U !!! not the hardware !!!

tuanjamz2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:23 am 

Do you think you could lend me some advice on what things I need to buy? Some links, or something.

I read the online manual... didnt really help much.

I do appreciate the reply tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:50 am 

LilWayne I'm not sure what type of Interface you are looking for ?? They got the external and internal also which with differnt prices too. I suggest that you either google or yahoo interface and what name brand and then pick what you want and see if you're town has whast you want and dealer .
remember the grovves that moves U!!!!

tuanjamz2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:55 am 

idk what all that means.

I just want some advice on to upload songs to my computer and change the beats to each drumpad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:59 am 

Go to www. zZounds.com and do a search on Interface and all the brand types will appear I suggest that you get a usb one . Good luck and remember the groove that moves U !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:01 am 

so your saying these little things that look like modems/routers like this one:

viewtopic.php?p=2076#2076

That thing transfers beats from my roland to my computer? and it will let me select each pad and change the beats?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:11 am 

no LilWayne a audio interface will only let you tranfer you're music to you're cpu .you can't change anything from the interface at all . It will have some type of software too . Usally they do . But the link you gave me was a dead link it lead me back to here :(( Try this http://www.zzounds.com/prodsearch?q=int ... orm=search
see if thats what you are talking about . Remember that the grooves that move U !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:16 am 

so how do I replace the drum pads?

I want to put different beats on each drum pad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:59 am 

to replace the samples, you'll have to record a new sound into the 606 and assign it to a pad.

i suggest you download the manual, print it and read it. i own a 404 and have read the manual multiple times, as some things get lost in the mass of information

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:01 am 

You can transfer your songs by recording them into the computer, and you don't need an interface to get started. You can record into the line-in on your computer. You can use Audacity to record (it's free and great quality).

You can export wavs of your samples, be they loops or shots. Then you can sequence on the computer. If you don't have a DAW, buy 'Computer Music' magazine - they have free DAW software included with the mag.

Now;

What Drewzle said is right. RTFM. Putting a sample onto a drum pad is the simplest task there is.

You can make it even simpler than the manual says however, by loading 'drumkits' instead of individual sounds.

See the Chopper thread for details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:45 am 

Can you tell me how to use audacity... I looked everywhere on the website.. I downloaded it. But how can you transfer the songs from the Roland 606 to the computer. Please help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:42 am 

You need a cable to take the sound from your 606 to the comp.

Go to your local RadioShack and tell them the connections you need (check your specifications in your 606 manual for the 606 end and your comp specifiactions for the other end. Usually it's twin 1/4" to Stereo Minijack)..

Check the help section of Audacity to learn how to RECORD. You really really really need to learn this for yourself if you want to make music.

Then just hit play on the 606 and record in Audicity. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:56 am 

Im sorry but I have no clue what to ask for or even where to put the sounds cables. I bought this 606 off ebay and didnt recieve the manual. Think you can post a link on what cables I need?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:55 am 

Im sorry but I just read the online manual and I can't find anything about transferring songs/music from the 606 to the PC. I honestly am clueless. I would really appreciate it if someone took the time to explain things. Like what do I exactly need to buy to transfer songs from the 606 to the PC.

I have headphones so far to listen to my beats when I use the 606. I also have the USB cable to hook up to my PC. And a power cord. I do not have the memory slot card or anything else.

I would really appreciate it if someone PM'd me or took the time to explain to me how to do these things:

1. Transfer music from the Roland SP-606 to my PC.
2. Put new music/beats from my PC to my Roland SP-606. (Add different beats to different pads.)

The cheapest and best quality possible.

I also heard about the Kinetic 2... but I am still going to need to buy cables right? So why not just use Audacity? Or do I just need the USB Cable?

Again, I would really really appreciate it if someone explained this to me.