It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 pm

Post subject: Where can I get the P606 software?
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:42 pm 

Hi, I just bought a secondhand SP-606, but it doesn't have the p606 software with it... can someone please tell me where I can get a copy? I tried contacting Roland, but their customer service seems pretty lame. Perhaps someone can upload it somewhere (seeing as it doesn't work without the SP-606 anyway apparently).

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:34 pm 

If you contact Roland by e-mail they should send it to you. Failing that, I would suggest getting Cakewalk Kinetic instead - it's cheap, works with the SP-606 just as well as P606, and is a whole lot more editable...

http://www.cakewalk.com/products/Kinetic/features.asp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:18 am 

Hi there, but before you install the p-606 you also need to install the drivers for Windows or Mac .Without the drivers the p-606 won't work . Good luck and have fun ... remember the groove that moves U!!!

tuanjamz2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:08 pm 

Well Roland didn't reply to any of my emails requesting the software, so I downloaded a warez version of Kinetic 2 to check it out, but its too awkward and its really overkill for what I wanted. All I want is something to smooth the transition between the sp606 and my laptop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:43 pm 

I'm new here and have been taking a look at the SP-606 posts. This is not the first time I've seen people looking for P-606. If you've gotten Kinetic 2 and don't like it, then P-606 is probably not going to work for you either. P-606 is just a stripped down version of Kinetic. You don't need P-606 to maximize the sampling capabilities of the SP-606. In fact, I think P-606 is probably the weakest component of the SP-606. It's just a software groovebox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:52 am 

Yeah, the software seems sucky but does it allow you to edit samples and copy them directly onto the pads? This would improve my workflow when working with large amounts of samples.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:31 pm 

The Cakewalk software gives you no extra control over samples. It's a totally seperate item. If you really want what P-606 offers, then order Kinetic from Cakewalk. It's a much more complete piece of software and was designed to work with the SP-606 as well.
If you were able to load the drivers for the SP-606 (the other CD) you should be able to hook it up to the computer and use it as both a controller and a sound card. To better control my samples, I use Audacity (free) or Sound Forge (not free) to chop and EQ them. I then load them back into the SP-606 to sequence. If you don't mind being tied to the computer, it's easy.