It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 9:10 am

Post subject: Dreaming on=)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:21 am 

Hi Friends:)

In some of the SP-555 threads, there was someone that dreamt of new updates the SP-555, and in my dreams i would see an upgrade or optionplugin hardware that could give the SP-606 24 or even 32 voices of polyphony...it is the thing that i miss most with the SP-606, wich is a great sampler otherwise. I have both a 555 and a 606 and i love them....but hope that Roland vill release a upgrade in the future that give more voices....But i am dreaming on :D

Peace n Univerzial luv
Cnl TAF

"Please Roland give us a proper sampler again,...and don´t make it complex, A SP-606 with say 24 or 32 voices 8 indu outs that´s enough....it would be great"...;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:28 pm 

Dream on....!like i said in a previous post an upgrade means buying a new product...
I've sent 2 emails to roland asking for some basic improvement of the 606 such as ability to record(export) in Audio a stored pattern or song -saving parameters and sub of the effects on different songs -better autochop function &manual point selections -short sample fadein-out(3ms) to avoid clicks on looping and ....nothing....!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:41 pm 

Hello Korakios :)

Ive find that strange, that a big company as Roland could afford such a ignorant behaviour. They have had many good products over the years, and ive have and ans still own some of the good Roland products. I think it is good that there are people like you that mail them your opinion...ive send some mail to Yamaha a couple a years ago..and guess what?! same silencium that you have meet :roll:

If one look att some of the products of their popular range of Grooveboxes such D2, MC-303..and so on i sometimes/often feel that they are rushprojects. For example The D2 is indeed a great machine i all aspects BUT the sequencer isn´t tight or near it, The MC-303 is unstable and for a example the more you load it the longer is the decay of the sounds..especially one can hear it on the Hihats......To go futher..even the SP-XXX range has some flavs that would have been easy to implement... :)

And now to the conclution...Roland makes great musical instruments, but there seems that on the constructionphase many important things are forgotten...and in my point of view they rush to fast when releaseing a new product.

If i should point out some of the things i would like to see on a say SP-606 MKII is at least 16-24 voices and a pitchfunction on the samples..."The SP-505 had pitchfunction"....and also a sendfunction how much EFX that should be added to each samples....then the SP-606 should sell loads and compete with the AKAI:s......

I dont know, but i think the polyphony is maybe restricted by the CF card readspeed....as the Rolands stream the samples directly from the CF card...On the Akai:s there is an internal memory where samples i loaded into from the CF card before they could be used.

I love my SP-606 and 555 especially the SP-606 but they are sometimes too limited..i can´t complain on the SP-555 cos it is amied for DJ:s and therefore it does the work great....Ive dreaming of a MV-8800 but that machine tend to be too much and too heavy i don´t need all the facilites in that machine.....Ive have looked at the AKAI:s too but shure the AKAI:s are very good..but the soundquality are too good..and not so "dirty" like the Roland Samplers in any pricetag....The american rapper RZA said that the Rolandtype of sound i far more oldschool when you want it..and clean when needed... :)

Ok:) There is some of my thoughts about this "Dream on" subject...but who knows Roland maybe read this tread and take it seriously, i think they could sell more units to us consumers if they fix the flavs and bits before they release the products....and the units should atract a wider range of musicians aswell....:)

Ok Korakios and other SP users thanks for reading this, and Korakios good luck with ya´music ;)

Grettings
Cnl TAF

"Please Roland give us a proper sampler again,...and don´t make it complex, A SP-606 with say 24 or 32 voices 8 indu outs that´s enough....it would be great"...;)