It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 pm

Post subject: SP606 as a control surface?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:07 am 

Has anyone tried using the sp606 as a control surface with a program like Reason?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:06 am 

:shock:You beat me to this. Ive been trying to find out if it works with Reason or Ableton. Could someone help us out with this. Would be nice to control redrum with this. HELP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:59 pm 

I havent tried it. But I can tell you that it will work. I believe it even works thru USB

www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:04 pm 

I know it should work, and it says it works, but it does not work.
(Pulling my Hair out slowly)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:04 pm 

In theory it should work as any midi device would, but it doesn't. Reason doesn't recognize it. Now I haven't tried it with the sp606 connected through usb. I'll give that a try. I've only tried it through a midisport, which was connected usb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:26 am 

I am using Ableton 6.0 and rewiring Reason 3.0. Set up the SP-606 in the Options:Preference menu. Go to the midi sync tab and in the midi ports locate the Sp-606 and turn it on for track. Exit out of that and then go to the Midi devices on the main screen. Select midi from: Sp-606, select Midi to: Reason and then the device Redrum. The only problem I have right now it that Pad 1 plays nothing. 2-11 play velocity sensitive. Im still working out the bugs but I hope this helps. I sat down trying to use reason and control map edit redrum. All that reason found to work were the Cutoff, reso, and Drive nobs. Could not get anything else to work. Ableton kicks ass. Hope this helps mate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:02 am 

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:03 am 

Never used it as a control surface, so I can't help you sorry. I'm always running stuff into the 606, so it would be pointless for me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:09 pm 

Naiso are you using Ableton with the unit ?? And if you how is it working ?? Are you able to record?? But then again if you were then you wouldn't have posted up exporting the files earlier . Remember the groove that move's U !!

tuanjamz2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:14 pm 

You can use Reason with this all you have to do is set it up as a generic keyboard. The control is flawless. Using this in Ableton however Pad 1 is assigned as B0 instead of C1. Pad 2 is C1. I think you have to play with the channels on the unit in order to get this to change. I have tried Cubase aswell and it is the same problem. If you Rewire Reason from these programs it keeps Pad 1 the same as Ableton. I have tried to fix this but no luck yet. Reason Redrum Pad 1 is C1 but as soon as you rewire it makes it B0. So unless someone has come up with a solution for this, this is the way it works. Good luck to anyone who tries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:14 am 

Did you have connected via usb or MIDI? i was trying to set it up as a generic device, but Reason couldn't find it when it scanned for connected devices, but I didn't have it usb, I had it connected to a MIDISport. Also are you able to use it an a midi keyboard together?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:06 pm 

I was having difficulty hooking it up through USB in Reason before I realized I neede to press the EXT button on the sp606 instead of INT, to switch it to external control.