It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 pm

Post subject: SP606 and Windows 10
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:41 pm 

Hi all... hope someone can help. My first post and all. Well I had my SP606 for a while and had it working in Windows 7 fine. I've since got a new laptop with Windows 10 and managed to get the old 64bit driver working. It shows SP606 in sound devices and midi devices in/out, and USB devices. I only disabled the driver signing part of the instructions as I don't think you need to do the bcdedit commands really as thedisabling the driver signing should cover it.

Anyway My only problem seems to be that my 606 locks up when I switch to mass storage. Windows 10 does pick it up and assigns a drive letter but it then disappears after a minute or two. I tried changing the drive letter in case there was a conflict and it even managed to allow me to do that ...it just shows up as USB drive. But can't write to it. The 606 locks up and I can't exit or do anything on the 606 so have to power it down.

Has anyone tried or had any luck with it in windows 10. It worked great in Windows 7 64bit, so thought it should be fine as usb storage at least in Win10.

any help much appreciated. Cheers,
Mark

Post subject: Re: SP606 and Windows 10
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:55 pm 

It shouldn't lock. Do you have access to other win7 machine? It looks like a hardware issue. Better invest on a card reader since it's way faster.