It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:44 am

Post subject: sp606 & p606 software questions
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:53 am 

Hi brand new member here & a bit of list of questions regarding my cool little (newly acquired) sp606.

Just note to say thanks as already the forum has been really useful :) - had the issue with getting the USB/midi to talk to PC (found out was due to limit of midi devices in windows etc - fixed with registry change) and stuff like info about the drivers & factory Cd etc

Ive searched here a while for the info Im after but hoping knowledgeable members can help. i guess the main thin im trying to work out is the relationship between the p606 software & the SP hardware?
For example there are preset patterns Im playing on the on the software but ( what i thought would be obvious thing to be able to do?) i cant see a way to send or export these to the hardware unit?

I know how to put individual samples on the CF card for use in the SP but the factory CD seem to have sets of drumkits or "patches" (as P5H files) or "patterns" (as PTN files) are these or exportable to the SP? Or can only samples be installed as individual wav files?

Regarding the hardware i can use it to control the software to a degree (starting patterns etc ) but the resonance & cutoff hardware knobs don't seem to transmit to the software , is this normal?

One other issue which is annoying & i believe others have mentioned is there doesent seem to be a way to disconnect the USB from the PC without causing the PC to instantly lock up & crash! - if i try the shut down procedure in SP basically the button doesn't respond (its the same as if i hit cancel) . Is this a known problem? or is i just mine!

Lastly Ive also been trying to get hold of the Kinetic 2 software, Im happy to buy a legit one etc but i just cant inf d it anywhere i guess its so alod on one wants to support it anymore.

Sorry for the laundry list of questions as a first post but am enjoying the machine a lot so want to get the best use out of it :lol:

Thanks for any advice!

Post subject: Re: sp606 & p606 software questions
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:10 am 

Had this posted for a while but no answers,
Thanks to people who've posted in the past such useful info but looks like in SP users to sharing ideas here in the past may have been active but I guess that not he case now.
I think having to find a secret password & not having a admin contact are probable contributors to a bit of dying forum. Shame.

Post subject: Re: sp606 & p606 software questions
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:54 pm 

Not many 606 users but to answer your question, the software is not supported anymore. Anything past Windows XP will not work. However, the 606 itself can communicate with the PC and you can use it as an audio interface. You can sample via USB too. But to use the software, you are gonna need a computer made in 2006.