It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:56 am

Post subject: Samples on CF-card ... but for which pads/banks ?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:45 am 

Hi,

Starting to use the SP-606 again after a while, I lost track of which pads/banks trigger the samples on the CF-cards.

Checking all 24 banks is tedious but can be done ... but no luck so far...

So, is there some kind of relation between the sample-numbering on the CF-card and the pad/banks ?

For freshly added samples:
bank 9 - pad 1 relates to sample '...00-L/R',
bank 9 - pad 2 to sample '...01-L/R' etc,

... but when I try to find the related pad for an older sample '...10', simply counting along doesn't end up at the correct pad.

Could some general index on the card have gone corrupt ?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Samples on CF-card ... but for which pads/banks ?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:44 am 

Banks 1-8 are internal memory and banks 9-32 are memory card. I hope that helps mate.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:33 pm 

Demps87 wrote:
Banks 1-8 are internal memory and banks 9-32 are memory card. I hope that helps mate.

Hi,

Thanks, yes, that's how they're organized.

Thing is, I have CF-cards previously used with the SP-606 and of which I know I have various samples somewhere in banks 9 .. 32.

But when now inserting them they seem to have disappeared (no sound when hitting pads in those banks, despite there IS 'RolandSP606-format' data present on the CF-cards.)

So instead of running through all those 24 banks to see where I stored my samples*, I was wondering if the SP606-sample-naming (as visible when inspecting the CF-card on a computer) has a 1-on-1 relation to the banks & pads.

Thanks!

*: I didn't make notes then, I do now for new samples 8)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:39 am 

Hi, I'm probably not going to be much help as I only got my first sp 606 last week. Without sounding patronising have you made sure the sd card is formatted, are the sample velocitys set on high ( as some of mine were set to really low and I couldn' hear any sounds). Or maybe try and load one or two new samples onto the card from your pc and see if they work, it might be the card, a friend of mine has been using a 505 for years and he says the cards degrade after a while (don't know how true this is). As for sample naming my samples have the same names as the files I've imported via usb. I'm pretty sure none of this will help but I see that no one else has replied, good luck mate.