It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 am

Post subject: Sp 606 wont start up and idk what to do!!!!Help
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:46 pm 

I got a sp606 from one of my buddies and it didn't have the right power cord so I went to Guitar Center and found one that started it up but the sp606 does not start up the way that it should I have to push the power button like 10 times for it to turn on one time does anybody know how I can fix this I ordered a new power cable off of Amazon and I'm hoping that it works if anybody has any ideas or experience this issue before please help me out and let me know what I can do thank you

Post subject: Re: Sp 606 wont start up and idk what to do!!!!Help
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:43 am 

Only use a PSB-1U or equivalent update made by Roland: http://www.rolandcorp.com.au/products/productdetails.aspx?p=20219

These won't be as cheap as what any old Amazon seller wants you to buy, but it'll work with no risk. It'll have the right volts, amps & polarity (9v, 2a -ive centrepin). Get those wrong & you'll kill your SP. A quick search of Amazon shows people selling 606 power supplies without clearly stating those things, so you should avoid those.

Have a proper chat with your mate about the 606- when did he last use it? Has he ever dropped it or spilled anything on it? Did he leave it running for months at a time? What happened to the old power supply? What power supply did he use with it?

Hope you didn't get a busted SP!