It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 10:08 am

Post subject: 606 with Fruity Loops?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:32 pm 

How do I use my 606 with fruity loops? I have the midi plugs. I used it with my keyboard. With my keyboard I press a key and it makes a sound on my computer.

With the 606, I have the V-Link highlighted. I press a pad and it shows on fruity loops that it recognizes it. Each pad is a different sound on the step sequencer. But its not making any sound out of my computer? What do I do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:23 pm 

Do thake this the wrong way but. FUCK FL Studios. Your better off searching for some sounds on the internet.

www.myspace.com/jaygogettainc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:21 am 

Sorry jay843, but FL Studio is a excellent tool if you know how to use it.

Did you know FL functions as a sampler? That means you can import any sound and use it as you wish.

As far as the SP and FL go, it should be fairly easy to set up; in fact, all I had to do was connect the SP via USB and a MIDI connection is made. You can then connect the MIDI keyboard to the sp's MIDI IN/OUT ports.

Make sure that you select the approriate sound settings in FL (Options-Audio) to get sound playing.

You said you have the V-Link on? Turn it off and use the EXT control on the SP. This will transmit MIDI messages from the SP to FL (or any other program). V-Link is for syncing video to music, and requires some extra hardware and is quite expensive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:03 am 

METAFYZIKAL wrote:
Sorry jay843, but FL Studio is a excellent tool if you know how to use it.

Did you know FL functions as a sampler? That means you can import any sound and use it as you wish.

As far as the SP and FL go, it should be fairly easy to set up; in fact, all I had to do was connect the SP via USB and a MIDI connection is made. You can then connect the MIDI keyboard to the sp's MIDI IN/OUT ports.

Make sure that you select the approriate sound settings in FL (Options-Audio) to get sound playing.

You said you have the V-Link on? Turn it off and use the EXT control on the SP. This will transmit MIDI messages from the SP to FL (or any other program). V-Link is for syncing video to music, and requires some extra hardware and is quite expensive...

None of this is working. Which sound settings should I adjust? Im not hearing any sound. And I only see the MIDI light in fruity loops light up when I have the V-Link on. I tried everything you said. Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:37 am 

jay843 wrote:
Do thake this the wrong way but. FUCK FL Studios. Your better off searching for some sounds on the internet.

what do downloaded samples and DAW software have to do with each other? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:56 pm 

When you press v-link ,midi-out gives GM(Genearal Midi) Patches...it means that you change from GM_Piano to GM_Clavinet and so on....
I think what you want is to hold down 'FUNC'tion and press pad 5 (Note trig)..
verify this by just holding down the FUNC and you sould see PAD 5 flashing
With this way sp606 gives notes to fruityloop...it's like having a midi keyboard!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:43 pm 

I did not know that... thanks for the tip man 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:07 pm 

Also for having more than one octave notes ,check by pressing "func" and Pad_11 (MIDI_UTIL) ,that the "Pad Tx Mode" is set to Type2.You can access high notes by changing the PadBank...(from 1 to 4).
PadBank 5-8 give the same notes as 1-4 but on different midi channel,same goes for 9-12 and so on...!
The manual explains but is really confusing (at least for me!) in the Midi section...
...enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:14 pm 

You're a bloddy legend mate - thanks again. I had a ball using the 606 to control FM8 last night. The 606 actually does what it's supposed to do once you know how :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:30 am 

METAFYZIKAL wrote:

This does not seem to work for me - only with the v-link ON will it happen..

For example, I've been pulling my hair out trying to get Reason to recieve midi from the SP (with ext control on of course) and Reason was not getiing a damn thing. Press that Blue button and it all happens like clockwork!! Thanks to Korakios for the heads-up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:51 am 

So do i need the drivers for the Sp to wrk right in Fl ? also is that P606 needed as well, and can someone send me the right drivers, cuase I wen to Roland and they come up as empty files when i unzip them and try to install them,help Lol !!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:27 pm 

viewtopic.php?t=2383

click this link i go into really good detail about getting the 2 to work together. peace

http://soundcloud.com/spforumspodcast/podcast-q/s-6qvGJ
[email protected]
http://www.twitter.com/dirtykics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:15 pm 

Thx but nothing's working at all.