It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:01 pm

Post subject: Re: Thinking about selling the sx for 606
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:14 am 
Winner of Gold Medal
Winner of Gold Medal

acronym wrote:
Can I ask though please what is the best slicing method, not going to autochop so is it basically a case of clipboard and ajusting the slice and end points?.

Pretty much. I usually put all the chops on the same mute group and don't even bother setting the end points.

The autochop actually comes in handy when it comes to chopping drums. What I do is instead of loading up each drum hit through the card, or sampling in a drum on each pad.. I'll just sample 16 diff drums on 1 pad with maybe a 1 sec gap in between, then I just autochop the one pad i recorded and it spreads them all over the pads. Saves me a shit load of time. Only works for drums though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:18 am 

Teewok wrote:
acronym wrote:
Can I ask though please what is the best slicing method, not going to autochop so is it basically a case of clipboard and ajusting the slice and end points?.

Pretty much. I usually put all the chops on the same mute group and don't even bother setting the end points.

The autochop actually comes in handy when it comes to chopping drums. What I do is instead of loading up each drum hit through the card, or sampling in a drum on each pad.. I'll just sample 16 diff drums on 1 pad with maybe a 1 sec gap in between, then I just autochop the one pad i recorded and it spreads them all over the pads. Saves me a shit load of time. Only works for drums though.

I guess that makes sense with the 606 detecting transients, its also a great idea too. Going to start drum kits in preparation then

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:55 pm 

i tried the same thing but could never get the resolution set properly. it would always be too fine or too course, splitting one drum hit into two, or chunking two different hits onto the same pad (with only one step change in resolution)...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:33 pm 

can someone correct me if I'm wrong but you can merge up to four pads onto one pad (must be in the same bank) correct?. So technically I can create a pattern on bank a and then resample on a pad?.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:39 pm 

You can't resample a pattern on 606.If the pattern is recorded in external sequencer then it's ok(you hit sample and press play on the other sequencer).But 606 can't play an internal pattern on sampling mode.
As far for the resampling mode ,you can resample as many samples you want (until reaching 606 max polyphony) as long as you don't choose which samples you want resample in 'resample screen'.
Just hit resample again and start playing samples on the same pad bank.
If you have an external midi controller ,you can skip the limitation of 606 for resampling samples from different padbanks.Just assign the controller for matching the padbank you want (a bit tricky!).Hit resample ,don't choose any samples (just the pad for resampling) and play thru current padbank on 606 and the chosen padbank on the external pads...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:09 pm 

korakios wrote:
You can't resample a pattern on 606.If the pattern is recorded in external sequencer then it's ok(you hit sample and press play on the other sequencer).But 606 can't play an internal pattern on sampling mode.
As far for the resampling mode ,you can resample as many samples you want (until reaching 606 max polyphony) as long as you don't choose which samples you want resample in 'resample screen'.
If you have an external midi controller ,you can skip the limitation of 606 for resampling samples from different padbanks.Just assign the controller for matching the padbank you want (a bit tricky!).Hit resample ,don't choose any samples (just the pad for resampling) and play thru current padbank on 606 and the chosen padbank on the external pads...

great, I remember hooking up an ipad to the sx so this be possible. I just wondered why Roland didn't introduce the resample pattern to 1 pad like on the 555, the sp are such dope machines.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:31 pm 

acronym wrote:
korakios wrote:

great, I remember hooking up an ipad to the sx so this be possible. I just wondered why Roland didn't introduce the resample pattern to 1 pad like on the 555, the sp are such dope machines.

Whats dope about the 606 is that I don't even sample in stereo. Why? Because I can pan samples that are mono and my master mix will come out in stereo anyway HA!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:44 pm 

Ill Green wrote:
acronym wrote:
korakios wrote:

YOU'RE A SLY CAT ILL.

Whats dope about the 606 is that I don't even sample in stereo. Why? Because I can pan samples that are mono and my master mix will come out in stereo anyway HA!

Post subject: Re: Got the 606 today....
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:55 pm 

Got the 606 today

haven't played around with it much and I need to get the manual however, impressions are so far.

Pads and wheel are nice

not liking any of the patterns how do I go about deleting them all if that is possible.

Plastic build is a turn off but its still nicer looking than a beat thang, screen is smaller than I imagined but I think that could be a positive since I like to be using my ears more.