It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:29 am

Post subject: Importing 606 to uk
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:49 am 

Going to buy a 606 from the states could I just buy a psu and it still work here in the uk or do I need other equipment?.

Post subject: Re: Importing 606 to uk
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:15 am 

First of all- nice buy, dude. But don't use the 606 with a PSU! The 606 uses the PSB-1U (at least it does in Australia). Get that wrong & you could kill the SP.

Get in touch with Roland locally, chances are they'll have a spare PSB-1U or be able to recommend a compatible power supply. A few years back I was in the same boat buying an ex-demo SH-32. It was missing the power supply (also uses the PSB-1U), Roland were cool about it & posted me a brand new one. Had it in one week.

Peace!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:00 pm 

thanks so all I need is this, doesn't matter if I buy the 606 from the states and import here in the uk

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9V-Roland-SP- ... 2c6cd824a6

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:46 am 

Yeah, hopefully that'll be OK. Chances are it is going by supplied specs, they mostly match the match the PSB-1U. Gotta mention that the ad's missing the polarity of the connector, get that the wrong way around & bad things happen.

Simply calling the wall wart a '9V Roland SP-606 replacement power supply' seems kinda like the seller hasn't done their research, that Roland doesn't tend to make product specific power sources.

Thankfully Roland have this PDF, turns out the SP-606 uses the same power source as the 404s. Roland UK have them for sale right here. Won't be as cheap as 3rd party, but you'll know you're getting the right thing under warranty.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:08 pm 

PSU must have the exact same specs beside polarity-volt-ambers.There are switching psu,stabilized or non stabilized.Unfortunately I don't know the exact specs of 606's psu but I strongly recommend finding a used one from Roland .
@Unfolding:
Nice dig man.That pdf is very useful!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:54 pm 

Wait... Acronym, I realised right now that when you mean PSU you mean 'power supply unit', right? Derped mysellf there, thought the PSU was a name of a specific product. Looks like I got the acronym wrong as well as getting Acronym wrong :mrgreen:

@Korakios: Thanks mate! That was a lucky search. Wasn't expecting to find anything that useful on Roland's sites, especially for all that discontinued gear.