It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:18 pm

Post subject: internal metronome out of sync
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:43 pm 

Hey everyone!

been using sp-606 almost for 4 years already. I started to notice recently that when i'm recording a drum pattern in real time my sp's internal metronome gets out of sync when i press pads really fast. Recorded pattern sounds ok and it plays in sync but during recording metronome kinda like stutters--did amybody have such problem before?

i kow that metronome stutters in the begginning when input sounds starts while sampling from the input, but getting out of sync while recording a pattern in real time is kinda weirs--should i reload OS on my sp?

Post subject: Re: internal metronome out of sync
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:27 pm 

hi
i remember this happened some times to my old sp606.
this can makes you nervous, expecially if you want to resample things out of sequencer
i think it's more a matter of "midi data" quantity imput simultaneously to the machine that makes metronome a little out of sync......many stereo sample also maybe...

personally i remember that when i play 4 tracks+roll+2fx at the same time the machine suffers, and pads don't lite immediately and patterns don't turn "visually" in time on the screen...
maybe midi thing has to be better revisited on this machine...
ps
sometimes also when i play "as is" 4 streo pads, they don't lite soon...that's happened few times last saturday on i show i made and ,wow, the first time you see that you're not very tranquill, i can tell you (the other times you say to yourself-ok, it's nothing)...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:19 pm 

ellaguru wrote:
hi
i remember this happened some times to my old sp606.
this can makes you nervous, expecially if you want to resample things out of sequencer
i think it's more a matter of "midi data" quantity imput simultaneously to the machine that makes metronome a little out of sync......many stereo sample also maybe...

personally i remember that when i play 4 tracks+roll+2fx at the same time the machine suffers, and pads don't lite immediately and patterns don't turn "visually" in time on the screen...
maybe midi thing has to be better revisited on this machine...

sometimes also when i play "as is" 4 streo pads, they don't lite soon...that's happened few times last saturday on i show i made and ,wow, the first time you see that you're not very tranquill, i can tell you (the other times you say to yourself-ok, it's nothing)...

hey thanks a lot! at least now i know i'm not lonely hahaha! i don't know maybe it's also because my samples are in .aiff format who knows--coz i don't remember this kinda thing when i used wav's. oh yes you're right patterns don't turn "visually" in time on the screen during metronome stuttering! thanks for the info!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:35 am 

Ok people, i've finally found out what caused internal metronome stuttering - stereo samples! yes, in order to avoid this problem--use mono samples only. Stereo samples probably use a lot of RAM and cause some kinda system overload that's why we get visual pattern delays and metronome stuttering.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:49 am 

cool for you
yes, as i said before stereo samples are hard to manage for 606's ram, also without recording patterns just playing with 4 of them...
i don't think there are workarounds for this...maybe mono sample+resampling with fx (autopan) could be one solution...or using more the physical pans the 606 got...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:34 pm 

oh no problem-actually i always liked mono samples--it's old school haha!