It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:01 pm

Post subject: send and returns for effects
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:01 am 

just purchased an allen and heath xone 22 mixer and wanted to hook it up to the 606 to see what some effects sound like for a dj set...is it possible ?

Post subject: Re: send and returns for effects
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:24 pm 

Not quite sure what you're asking about there- does the 606 have decent FX for using with a mixer for a DJ set?

No reason why you couldn't do it, whether the FX sound right is subjective & entirely your own opinion. Some of the effects like the delay, tumbling, feedback ripper, tremolo, lo-fi processor, BPM slice'n'flange, reverb, filter'n'drive, ring modulator etc would work just fine if you know how to use 'em (hint- use tap tempo all the time for FX like the delay, tremolo & feedback ripper).

Also consider how you're connecting the 606 to your mixer- are you going to connect it
1, directly between one deck & the mixer
2, in the mixer's FX loop (if it has one, I'm not familiar with the xone 22 & too lazy to google it)
And- if the mixer uses RCA cables (with the red & white tipped plugs) you'll need to get a bunch of RCA to 1/4 inch jacks (I think that's the measurement) to hook up the sampler to mixer.

Neither option 1 or 2 is right or wrong. Experiment to find what works best for you. Remember your 606 is more of a sampler than an FX unit. Assigning pads & pattern sequences to play extra loops, sirens, vocal drops, whatever. It could be a great way to step up at a party.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:46 am 

thanx for the response ...
I am able to use it as a sample dropper no problem...
Just needed to know how to set it up to use the effects as in a send/return situation...dont know if i have to change something in the menu or not....it is reading the signal from my mixer but i am unable to return the signal with an effect like a tape echo .....etc....etc... on the mixer there is a fx loop on button....and when i push it on the signal seems to then not read....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:54 pm 

Ah, I get you now. Sorry for misunderstanding & answering wrong. The Xone:22 looks like a good mixer- basic & solid. I see why you're looking at dropping the SP606 alongside it.

I take it you've already checked the FX loop button at the mixer back's down & the FX loop switch at the channel fader's on?

Next check the SP606's input source settings (func+INPUT SOURCE). Make sure the Input select reads LINE & the Input Send Sel is MFX & exit for the system to save the settings.

Now when you've got the SP's input source turned on & the audio in dial up you should get sound through the SP606 with the Xone:22.

edit:
I know its rude to say 'read the manual', but it will help out. Check page 17 of the Xone:22's manual & page 88 of the SP606's manual for troubleshooting related to your question.

Hope that helps, let us know what the outcome is. When you get the rig working don't forget to record the results & post them up here! It'll be cool to hear an SP used alongside decks.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:30 am 

thanx ,
cant work out what i was doing wrong....
i followed your instructions and its working
the effects sound great ,now i just have to master them..