It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:42 pm

Post subject: upload songs from 505 to pc to burn onto a cd??
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:18 pm 

can i dump into my pc from the 505? until now i have always used my pioneer pdr-555rw to record straight to cd but it died last night, im guessing now is the time to start using some kind of software tho i have been against it in the past. im guessing it can be done but i dont know how, i do have a card reader that i tried to use to get songs off my br-532 into my pc to burn onto a cd but it imported it as seperate tracks and were not in real time, like if i pushed play on the 8 track.
as you all know the drum kits in the 505 suck balls so i created my own drum kits by sampling decent sounds from other machines, live drum sets etc. anyway i have some songs in the 505 that i really want to burn onto a cd, any help in doing so is totally appreciated!

Post subject: Re: upload songs from 505 to pc to burn onto a cd??
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:06 pm 

1. download and install audacity (free) http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/
2. Plug SP505 into your line/mic in on your PC.
3. Open audacity and record the beat from the 505.
4. Make sure your recording levels are set properly so there's no clipping.
5. Save to WAV
6. Burn to CD.

There is no way to render a complete song on the 505 and then transfer via memory card. The mem card is for savin/loading samples and backing up your sequences.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:10 pm 

Hi,

I am trying to record with audacity as you suggest but the audio is really swampy sounding, like listening to my song underwater.. and I set the decibals etc of the recordlevel as the documentation suggests so that shouldn't be the problem. I'm connecting the RCA outputs of the 505 to the microphone input jack of my laptop.. is that correct?

.......Update to the above message I posted earlier (you can't delete messages apparently), the problem is in the sound card settings as per the audacity help files, you have to turn off all effects in the sound card driver. It still doesn't sound perfect, there is a strange low base swishing sound that won't go away, but maybe thats the best I can expect..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:36 am 
Funniest Member of the Year '09

it might be a hidden sound card effect, the newer the windows computer you get these days, the harder they make it to turn off all of these effects. you may have to dig deeper to find something and turn it off. because you should be able to duplicate the sound exactly , or perceiveably