It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:21 am

Post subject: Few Questions...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:39 am 

I'm considering picking up a 505 this monday, but I have a few questions before I do so. I'm pretty new to Groove Workstations and the like, so please excuse the n00b-ness. :D

1. Are you able to add your own drum samples to the 505? I noticed there's a card slot.

2. Speaking of the card slot, I have a PNY 1Gb SD card. Will that work for adding my drum samples to the 505, or is there a special type of card I need?

3. Will I be able to export the beats I make to my computer in order to edit with a DAW? If so, will they be exported as a .Midi file or what?

4. Will running the 505 through a Roland KC-350 amp and/or Mixer sound okay, or would I need to buy a Direct Box to keep the sound stable?

Thank you all!

Post subject: Re: Few Questions...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:10 pm 

1: Yes. You can either sample (record) your own sounds via the line/mic/digital inputs or load sounds from a SmartMedia card.

2: You need a special card called SmartMedia (SM). You can get them on eBay and a few online stores. They are not so easy to find anymore, they are pretty old fashion compared to todays storage cards. You can also use a SM-XD card converter and use a XD-card instead (You'll find info on this on the 303 and 505 parts of this forum).

3: I just record my beat as one file to my computer, no more mixing to me. The 505 only have one stereo output, and not multiple. If you want to mix in your DAW you could record one and one element to your computer, but that's a bit time consuming. As far as I know you can't export a whole song as a file unless you manage to "resample" the whole song and then export that as a .waw file.

4: I think you should be able to connect it straight to your amp without a DI box. Just watch your levels.