It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:42 am

Post subject: 1st day on 505!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:26 pm 

Hey guys, I finally got my sp 505! I'm starting to mess with it, but I have a question about setting start and end points in a phrase. In page 47 of the manual it says that if I press [PAD] + [F2], i can hear the sonds before my end end point, but I can't do it! I guess that the [PAD] that they're talking about is the pad of the phrase, right? So i hold down and press f2 (end) but it only sets the end point! That function would be very handy for truncating big samples....
Any tip?

Thanks in advance! (Now I'm going to explore some more :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:50 pm 

very confused by what you are asking...

you are having trouble selecting start and end points?

so you found out how to select an "end" point by pressing "f2" right?

Now what is it that you want to do? Select a start point?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:03 am 

No, that's not it. I'm asking if anyone know a way to preview the end of a loop that's set. Like, I set the start point, the end point, and then I want to hear if the end point is in the place that I want. I know that I can press the pad and hear the whole sample, but in the manual says that there is a way to hear the "sounds before the end point"...

Hope I explained myself better, this time! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:44 am 

you have to listen to the loop again... by pressing the pad again it will play what you have selected as the start and end point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:18 pm 

Yes, I know that... But when I have a long loop, like 3 or 4 bars, it would be nice to hear only the last 25% of the loop, not having to hear the whole loop again! In the mpc 500 I can set the start and end point, and press the pad to hear the loop, but there's a special pad to hear only the last part of the loop, making it quicker to see if the end point is well placed! In the manual of the sp 505 says that there's that same option, but I can't get it to work =/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:17 pm 

Well damn... if there is, that would be great. I've been using this machine for about a year now, and have never come across this. If I've overlooked it, that would be dope!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:38 pm 

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking...in page 47 of the manual there's this part:

"6. Press the pad to listen to the sample play back, and check the start/end point settings.
By holding down [PAD] and pressing [F1] (START) or [F2] (END), you can listen to the sound before or after the start/end points..."

But can't get it to work =(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:40 pm 

Weird. That would be very useful for sure. I'm replying from my iPhone on the bus. I'll be sure to give it a try when I get home and let you know the results. I'm surprised no other veteran 505 users have mentioned this to me if it indeed does work though. Either way, I'll try mine and let you know what I come up with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:07 am 
505 Award Winner '09

i've only had my 505 a short-ish time, but this is the first i've heard of this. and i've read the manual.

i can't think of a workaround either....

is it possible the manual means the PAD button, rather than the pad in question (ie: lower left side of the box). that would be a bizarre switch up, but worth a shot?

post post post rock:
http://www.myspace.com/faunaflage | http://soundcloud.com/faunaflage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:19 am 

tried doing this every which way this evening and nothing... doesn't seem to work. I may have to read the page you are reading in the manual to better understand... but .. unfortunately, I seriously doubt this works.

Still crossing my fingers, hoping someone can prove me wrong though :D It would be dope as f*ck if it did work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:35 am 

I tried that, fauna, no use either, but thanks for the tip!

whyse0ne, I also think that one of those vets should have talked about it if it did work, but as I read it on the manual, I got some hope.. I also stopped trying last night, lol. I've read many times that part of the manual, just to see if I translated it wrong, but I don't think so! Indeed, that would be very handy for some situations, when I discovered that feature on the MPC500, I lost it,lol

Regardless, this machine is dope! After spending some weeks in this forum and viewing those Olby's classic videos (thanks for those vids and for the messages dude), I was counting the days to get mine! Now that I have it, I'm crazy about the chop function, the ease of use, the effects, etc, indeed a good machine!

If anyone finds a way to do this function, please tell, this sp505 noob got the "hunger" =P

Peace