It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:53 am

Post subject: the next level
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:39 am 

wat up fam,

aint made a post in a minute wat up olby!!!!!! but just wanted to say i just copped am mv 8000 bout two months ago and dam it's the shit if you lookin for a machine that's on some next ish cop one trust me cause i still have my 505 but the 8000 is like a 505 on crack ,coke and ex with 6 pack of red bull and now that you can cop um for as low as 500 canadian to 700 u.s .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:22 pm 

wad up Richie!

Long time,no hear fam.The MV is one slept-on piece of gear,and yo if I can find one for 500$ Canadian,I wish :lol:

Post subject: Re: the next level
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:48 am 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

richiedinero wrote:
wat up fam,

aint made a post in a minute wat up olby!!!!!! but just wanted to say i just copped am mv 8000 bout two months ago and dam it's the shit if you lookin for a machine that's on some next ish cop one trust me cause i still have my 505 but the 8000 is like a 505 on crack ,coke and ex with 6 pack of red bull and now that you can cop um for as low as 500 canadian to 700 u.s .

Word! It's a great machine indeed, I'm getting more and more into my MV8800. No way I'm going to sell that beast anytime soon.

Seems Olby is on track buying one as well though, check out his thread asking MV questions in the 'other gear' section. Peace. Oh and welcome back, good to have another MV-er over here.

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:05 am 

those MVs looks really nice, good to see there's plenty of folk using them

we might need an MV section soon :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:30 am 
MV Award Winner '09

thanks rich, yeah as phemox told I bought MV8800 this week so I am getting it soon. before that I went from 505 to mpc 1000 but needed something more powerful and mv is where I am staying at for some time fo sure. so wait for some great video streams from my studio. peace.

p.s. phem big thanks for those cd's.. I burned them and now I am ready to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:32 am 

ive been seriously considering the 8000 for a couple weeks now.

my 505 is on its way out as i said before, so I was looking into buying a 606.

But if I'm going to spend any money I might as well go the distance and buy an mv8000.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:52 am 

Yeah,the MV would be a great purchase and coming from the 505,you should have a great time with this baby :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:34 pm 
505 Award Winner '09

i've never seen one even near $500 - $700. the mv series are always about three times that amount, in my experience.

post post post rock:
http://www.myspace.com/faunaflage | http://soundcloud.com/faunaflage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:42 pm 

this thread should really be in the "other" section.. oh well

I'm 99.9% sure he was talking about used. And I know of a used one in a pawn shop as we speak going for $700. Only problem is... ITS USED. Buying used gear is a gamble.. But I think I'm gunna snatch that one up, and just tell the pawn shop, that I'll mess with it for a week and bring it back if there are any issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:53 pm 

Yeah, but both MVs are pretty tough machines. There's not that much that breaks or wears down that quickly. In fact, a 700$ MV8000 that needs a repair of about 200$ max is still a steal for what you get.

I've seen more and more MV8000 go for about 600-800€ on eBay and such lately though. Really a great price considering you can't even buy a new MPC1000 for that nor a secondhand 2500 yet which both can do a lot less. :)

Personally I would consider the 8800 instead of the 8000 if money isn't much of an issue, but they usually go for about twice the secondhand price of the 8000 and buying one new is expensive.

It's like buying an MPC4000 though, most people really won't quickly sell it.

@Olby: You're welcome! By the way, I'm wondering where Twitch is at, he's got an MV8000 as well.

www.myspace.com/phemox

Post subject: the next level part 2
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:28 pm 

wat up yall,

first off ROB P wat up fam aint talk to you in a bit good hearin from you . now back to my mv post i put up last week dam i didnt think i was gonna get this big a response but it's good to see . the mv's i was talking bout for between 500 - 800 were used i copped mine in toronto at long & mc quade rob p go check um i think they still got a couple left . the one i copped was 599.00 with tax 650.00 canadian used my production partner copped one bout two weeks later for 800 can tax included oh and both have extended one year warrantys. i also got the 512 mb memory upgrade dirt cheap for 30.00 thats gives you 50mins stereo sampling and 1hr mono . oh shit i almost forgot my boy mesaone CCK got a software he created for the mv called" the creator project" you gotta get for your mv and it's free . it's basicly let's you copy any keyboard note for note trust me it's sick yo iv'e got the whole phantom g keyboard triton and motif on my mv . to see an example check out mesaone CCK youtube post he show's you how to use it step by step. and gives you the link to download the software. and keep in mind open labs miko keyboard wich is about 3500.00 u.s has a software called mimik that does the same thing but cost you 200.00 u.s and mesaone if giving you his for free. if you guys need more info on the mv hit me . also what do you guys think about settin up a mv tips n tricks just an idea if the addministrators are cool with it til next time peace yall and keep banging out heaters.

Post subject: forgot a shout out
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:44 pm 

wat up olby,

congrats on coppin the mv 8800 trust me your gonna love it if you need any tips and tricks holla at your boy oh yeah guys im gonna be postin up some of my sample series for you in a bit stay tuned peace.

Post subject: Re: forgot a shout out
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:18 am 
MV Award Winner '09

richiedinero wrote:
wat up olby,

congrats on coppin the mv 8800 trust me your gonna love it if you need any tips and tricks holla at your boy oh yeah guys im gonna be postin up some of my sample series for you in a bit stay tuned peace.

yeah man, I am eagerly waitin for it. gonna make a few videos about my first impressions about when I receive it.

richiedinero wrote:
also what do you guys think about settin up a mv tips n tricks just an idea if the addministrators are cool with it til next time peace yall and keep banging out heaters.

That would be f*ckin great coz I can't get in MV nations and besides this is my place we are all getting along here nicely, ain't we ? something along the lines Other Roland Samplers > MV8000/MV8800 would be shweet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:22 am 

i think it's a great idea, no sense losing cool people because they use different equipment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:53 am 

Another vote for an 'MV / other samplers' area! There's plenty of knowledge we can share and the thing I especially don't like about MVnation is how posts are automatically removed after some time unless they were stickied.

www.myspace.com/phemox