It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:49 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:01 pm 

Quote:
but yeah 505 of the all I had was the grittiest.

had you got sp-303 also? could you compare his sound to sp-505? i ask you that because in my idea of maybe buy an sp-505 i would like THAT sound (20bit)...sp-303 compression fx it's great...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:07 pm 

other little questions:can we apply more than one fx at time? sp-606 can.
do the sp-505 resample while the metronome is playng? sp-606 can do this...i hope so for sp-505.
one shitty thing (until now i don't be able to solve this) on sp-606 is that when you have to erase pads performance on patterns, you can erase only one sample at time (! s**t!!)...i hope that for sp-505 isn't the same...

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:58 pm 

i encountered some troubles in autochop mode: sometimes, when the sample is distort or very loud or without very little silence between parts the autochop is not done by sp-606. things going a little better with the volume a bit low. but autochop is not completely done. and you can't decide the number of chops. maybe the sp-606 is ok with chopping durms but nt for all the rest.

have you got the same problems with sp-505 (noisy,distorted samples not chopped)? can you decide the number of chops with it?

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:21 pm 
MV Award Winner '09

ellaguru wrote:
i encountered some troubles in autochop mode: sometimes, when the sample is distort or very loud or without very little silence between parts the autochop is not done by sp-606. things going a little better with the volume a bit low. but autochop is not completely done. and you can't decide the number of chops. maybe the sp-606 is ok with chopping durms but nt for all the rest.

have you got the same problems with sp-505 (noisy,distorted samples not chopped)? can you decide the number of chops with it?

:(

that's true for almost any chopper out there, if the sample is clipping or compressed too much i.e. there is no noticeable dynamics the best way then is to chop it manually then.

only one fx a a time, but you can apply it also to only a few pads so not all pads are affected by the fx.

as far as I remember on 505 you could press more than one pad and erase it without having to do it by pressing pads one by one.

cant comment about 303 vs 505 sound as I never had 303.

peace,
olby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:08 pm 

thanx olby for your precision.
unfortunately in the sp-505 manual is not specified how many pads exactly you can affect live with fx. in the sp-606 case you can do that for all the pads in all the banks.
maybe some other sp-505 users could help us.

and another question: can we make mute groups in the sp-505? we can do this well in the sp-606 in order to mute samples when you play other samples.
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:25 am 

Quote:
do the sp-505 resample while the metronome is playng?

this is important for me. in the sp-606 we have the option of "on", it means that metronome palys always.
if someoe know this....
thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:49 am 
MV Award Winner '09

ellaguru wrote:
thanx olby for your precision.
unfortunately in the sp-505 manual is not specified how many pads exactly you can affect live with fx. in the sp-606 case you can do that for all the pads in all the banks.
maybe some other sp-505 users could help us.

and another question: can we make mute groups in the sp-505? we can do this well in the sp-606 in order to mute samples when you play other samples.
:wink:

no mute groups, you will need to do it manually using the gate triggering.

on 505 just like on 606 you can apply FX for all the pads in the whole sampler.

metronome as far as I remember was playing only when you recorded. but maybe someone who still uses 505 can correct my if I am wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:26 pm 

thanx again 8)

Quote:
metronome as far as I remember was playing only when you recorded. but maybe someone who still uses 505 can correct my if I am wrong.

...i hope this works, because is for me important in resampling and sampling at-time too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:10 pm 

metrenome is only for pattern recording! there is part mute for the 505 but not mute groups. does the 606 really have mute groups? the 606 is a beast isn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:20 pm 
MV Award Winner '09

jbl wrote:
metrenome is only for pattern recording! there is part mute for the 505 but not mute groups. does the 606 really have mute groups? the 606 is a beast isn't it?

yes, 606 has some kind of mute groups.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:44 pm 

yes
the sp-606 have mute groups, this works very well.
but i'm a bit disappointed with this machine.
maybe those are hard critics, but:
-the chop is only automatic and you cannot control wave pointer number and position. ok, you have manual start and end point mode, but.
-the metronome sometimes became crazy and don't go at time.
-sometimes when you apply 2 fx at time while playing and switching patterns with a recorded continuosly ROLL the machine works 60%: the screen doesn't respond normally, the fx buttons and the fx knob button(normally is great!) the same and the 4 tracks part too: so you risk to make errors when in live situations. maybe is the high number of notes the problem?
-the pitch doesn't exist: i knew this yet, but i want a real pitch control.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:00 pm 
MV Award Winner '09

ellaguru wrote:
the pitch doesn't exist: i knew this yet, but i want a real pitch control.

505also doesn't have the REAL PITCH TUNING, it has simple built-in pitch shifting algorithm which pitches the sample across all 16 but the length of the sample stays the same for all pads. Maybe this is what you need but I better prefer pitching the ole skuul way ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:17 pm 

hi olby!

Quote:
505also doesn't have the REAL PITCH TUNING, it has simple built-in pitch shifting algorithm which pitches the sample across all 16 but the length of the sample stays the same for all pads

so, in your opinion, is the same result as if we apply a pitch shifter fx or a cromatic ps fx (sp 303/sp 404/sp 606)? not a really pitch indeed? from what i heard from your youtube tutorial the result was not bad.

Quote:
Maybe this is what you need but I better prefer pitching the ole skuul way

..yes, me too, i miss the akai remix 16 good way of pitching
look at
http://www.loopers-delight.com/tools/akai/remix16.html
i have this little old beast still with me. but it's limited.
what i'm searching is machine with boss/roland sp-505/606 caracteristics and immediacy and a m**********g pitch in one!
maybe i have to do like you, i have sell everithing and buy a fat mv 8800....f**k, but the hell price?????
mpc 1000 or 2000xl will be ok, but we all know how akai fx sucks....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:55 pm 
MV Award Winner '09

ellaguru wrote:
hi olby!

Quote:
505also doesn't have the REAL PITCH TUNING, it has simple built-in pitch shifting algorithm which pitches the sample across all 16 but the length of the sample stays the same for all pads

so, in your opinion, is the same result as if we apply a pitch shifter fx or a cromatic ps fx (sp 303/sp 404/sp 606)? not a really pitch indeed? from what i heard from your youtube tutorial the result was not bad.

Quote:
Maybe this is what you need but I better prefer pitching the ole skuul way

..yes, me too, i miss the akai remix 16 good way of pitching
look at
http://www.loopers-delight.com/tools/akai/remix16.html
i have this little old beast still with me. but it's limited.
what i'm searching is machine with boss/roland sp-505/606 caracteristics and immediacy and a m**********g pitch in one!
maybe i have to do like you, i have sell everithing and buy a fat mv 8800....f**k, but the hell price?????
mpc 1000 or 2000xl will be ok, but we all know how akai fx sucks....

i don't use fx that much so mpc's basic effects was ok for me.

yeah the mv 8800 hits the pocket, but hey there are only three machines as good as the mv8800. the mpc 4000 (which does not have any audio track support) and the mpc 5000 which also lacks some of the mv features. so you cant go anything higher than that :)

yes, sometimes the 505 pitch shift worked ok but on some samples it was unusable. basically it is the same pitch shift fx just it is not real time, support few different algorithms and all in all is better than the real time pitch shift, but still it is not as good as real pitch tuning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:36 pm 

Quote:
yeah the mv 8800 hits the pocket, but hey there are only three machines as good as the mv8800. the mpc 4000 (which does not have any audio track support) and the mpc 5000 which also lacks some of the mv features

....i heard that mpc 5000 is worst than mpc 4000 and the more and more low prices of it around demonstrate that...

Quote:
yes, sometimes the 505 pitch shift worked ok but on some samples it was unusable. basically it is the same pitch shift fx just it is not real time, support few different algorithms and all in all is better than the real time pitch shift, but still it is not as good as real pitch tuning.

thanx for this important advice olby. now everything is clear to me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next