It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 pm

Post subject: the "hold" button
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:03 pm 

... since I'm lazy, and figure that I'd ask after I read the manual anyway, what is the hold button used for? Also I never use the "exit source" button either. Come to think of it I never use the bpm adjust or the bpm sync either but I'm pretty sure that those functions are for time stretching.

ah.. anyway :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:15 pm 

Although,I haven't used it as for now,the Hold button,is useful when you have a sample on gate and you want to have it looped during the sequence.
I'm lazy too :lol:

The bpm sync is when you want to match your loops,but I never use that,Live or Acid would be what I'd use if I was doing that,but I'm like Olby,I use the old school method and don't mess with Bpm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:27 pm 

i see... Well, now I know why I haven't used those functions. I don't need them :D .

Yeah I wouldn't need to mess with the bpm, I do all the beat matching the old school way as well.

Thanks for the info rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:01 pm 

I think ext. source is when you got a pattern playing or something, and then you maybe want to just play some turntable scratches or something live (through the SP) not sure though. No idea about the Hold button but it does piss me off sometimes when I accidentally put a sample on it & can't get it off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:36 am 

If i am running something into the sp like a turntable or synth and i wanna hear it without having to hit sample, i hit EXIT SOURCE to hear what is coming in, then i press HOLD so it holds EXIT SOURCE pad. if you were to press the EXIT SOURCE pad alone it will just turn on whenever you are pressing it.

and if you want to apply effects to the exit source pad you hit assign pads and hit exit source (the pad appears in the upper right hand corner of the display screen) and turn on.

hope that helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:50 pm 

london wrote:
If i am running something into the sp like a turntable or synth and i wanna hear it without having to hit sample, i hit EXIT SOURCE to hear what is coming in, then i press HOLD so it holds EXIT SOURCE pad. if you were to press the EXIT SOURCE pad alone it will just turn on whenever you are pressing it.

and if you want to apply effects to the exit source pad you hit assign pads and hit exit source (the pad appears in the upper right hand corner of the display screen) and turn on.

hope that helps.

thank you!!

yes... that explained everything i needed to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:28 am 
555 Award Winner '09

WHEN I FIRST GOT THE SP AND DIDNT KNOW MUCH ABOUT IT IDE USE HOLD TO AUDITION A LOOP I CREATED THEN MUCK AROUND WITH DRUM PARTS TO SEE WHAT I COULD COME UP WITH BUT THAT WAS BEFORE I KNEW HOW TO USE PATTERNS HAHA 3 MONTHS AGO LOLZ IMA NOOB REGARDLESS LOLZ

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:03 am 

london wrote:

hope that helps.

Thanks brother! I didnt know that. I was accustomed to waiting about thirty seconds for the line in to open up after pressing [sample].

Post subject: Re: the "hold" button
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:45 pm 

If you press the ext button once and then hit the wave edit menu button you can switch the hold option for ext so it will stay enabled with a single press like the sp303/404.