It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:43 am

Post subject: SP-505 System Update v1.02 SmartMedia?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:22 pm 

What's up guys? I'm new here. Going to start making some beats as soon as I get my memory card reader so I can load some drums onto my card, but I have a question first.

Does anyone know what this update does? I downloaded the file and read the readme file, but it just tells you how to install the update.

*edit*
Here is the link. http://www.rolandus.com/products/produc ... jectId=175

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:01 am 

there is a response to a post in here somewhere (im to lazy time find it) that explains the update. From what I remember (I'm somewhat faded right now) it fixes the bpm in wave edit, apparently the old way it shows the bpm incorrectly from time to time... and fixes something else.

not much of an update. And I seriously doubt that they will make another update for this machine. I don't think it's discontinued but most likely soon will be.

hope this isnt to much of a let down. Let me know how that update is treating you. I haven't dl'd it because I figure it isn't worth my time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:25 am 

Thanks for the info. I haven't installed it yet. I was waiting on my memory cards (xd), adapter, and card reader so I could load my drums onto my card and load the drums onto the SP. I probably won't install it until I figure out why my metronome is not playing when I press record. It's hard as hell to lay some drums down without the metronome...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:32 am 

press "system" press "config" and then check to see if your metronome level is all the way down.. or off.

:D

peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:33 am 

also.. i dont have a card reader or and adapter.. i just sample everthing. That shouldnt stop you from using your box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:25 am 

Thanks guys you are all very helpful.

*edit*
It was all the way down to zero...lol
whyse0ne wrote:
also.. i dont have a card reader or and adapter.. i just sample everthing. That shouldnt stop you from using your box.

Yeah, I tinkered with it a little bit. I cut up some drums from the MRR-ADM 10" that came out a few months back. It's just that I had some sampled drums on a CD that I wanted to use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:21 pm 

Yeah, everyone's style is different. I don't sample much at all using the SP, I just use it to manipulate beats and stuff live. The SP is more of just a foundation for my live setup than an all-in-one music maker for me.

Whoops, derail. Definitely post about whether the update is worth it, Alchemy1. I'm curious to know.