It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:31 am

Post subject: bpm changes to 60?? Also.. sample matches BPM of pattern?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:26 am 

So occasionally my 505 will just set the BPM at 60... am I hitting a button I'm not aware of? It changes the BPM of the whole machine to 60... wtf?

Also. When I start a new pattern, and try and play some samples in the pattern, the BPM for the sample matches the pattern BPM. This may be what needs to be happening. Ah lost once again...

on the upside, I have been learning the micro edit a little, and have started to create some really dope patterns from the sounds that came with this little box.

any hints/tutorials/input/tips are greatly appreciated... i'll read anything.

I'll hit the manual again.

thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:11 am 

So when the BPM changes when replaying buttons during pattern play, you can change each button (one by one) in the Wave Edit function. Just click the button, the Wave Edit function, and scroll down and change PHRASE to SINGLE. There's also some other cool stuff to play around with in there like REVERSE etc..
You can leave it at phrase if you like, but it seems to distort some sound quality in the stretch/scrunch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:27 am 

Doctakay wrote:
So when the BPM changes when replaying buttons during pattern play, you can change each button (one by one) in the Wave Edit function. Just click the button, the Wave Edit function, and scroll down and change PHRASE to SINGLE. There's also some other cool stuff to play around with in there like REVERSE etc..
You can leave it at phrase if you like, but it seems to distort some sound quality in the stretch/scrunch!

thanks man... i got it :D

appreciate the help :D