It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:25 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:09 am 

Glad to finally see thsi part of the forum up ! 505 users soudn off !

www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:46 pm 
MV Award Winner '09

Excellent unit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:11 pm 

Dj Frantic wrote:
Glad to finally see thsi part of the forum up ! 505 users soudn off !

I saw on your myspace that looks like a Classic EPS.. i been reading the manual and im just wondering, how do you like it? how's it sound too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:47 pm 

Yea, its a classic EPS. I love that joint ! I think it definatley sounds better than ne thing ive heard except maybe an SP1200 :) Plus the workflow is really good very different from what your prolly used to tho.. takes a while to grasp but once you do its great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:10 pm 

word up im used to the mpc 2000 but i like to learn new things.. plus i've been reading the EPS manual a little bit... If I go to buy one used, what should I look for with it..? like should it come with SCSI? i'm not really great with playing keys but I guess I can learn on something like this and still have fun with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:25 pm 

The only thing I think you should look for with it for sure is a memory expander. The 2x will give you a little over 20 secs at 22khz and the 4x will give you a little over 40 secs at 22khz. Also, the eps has a defect in it. Alot of them will have problems calibrating the keyboard or the keyboard wil crash (the actual keys not the sampler) because theres a solder that goes bad in there. This happened to mine. I got an estimate to fix it. They told me $60 but I think theres instructions online to fix it. But, you could get lucky.. and get one that works well :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:16 pm 

aight no doubt thanks man

Post subject: Sound Off...
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:28 pm 

PMan aka DJ Jayke Oneal.
Rep'n the Bay Area, migrate'n to L.A.
I started off with the Yamaha's DJX keyboard working with earlier versions of MixMan software before the ProTools and Reason software came on board...that was back in 97. Since then I've upgraded to a thrown out Panasonic turntable(needle still in tact) mostly for catch'n up on my oldies from Rasputin Records sick vinyl collection in Bezerkeley Cali(ya ever out there...you can come up on some stuff) , The BR1180 when it first hit the market, the SP505 got it for an unbelievable $99 sold to me as the floor model at Gtr. Center., and the MXL 990 condenser mic for my smooth R & b vocals.
I'm totally down for colaborations as I'm in the process of production with a few kats I've met since I touched down in L.A. Since I unpacked my studio I'm now rekindle'n the touch & feel for the Sp505. The manual I sent off for is not practical. Any tips and tricks for navigating my way to sequencing beats...I'm open.
TopoftheDay 2 ya fellaz!
-JO-
Take a listen to a tune I cranked out 2 yearz ago utlizing all the mentioned hardware @
www.myspace.com/themusicofthepatman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:10 pm 

^Yo, you friends with Gennessee ain't you? Ha that's crazy, you may know my boy, Frank, he's cool with the whole Noble House cats... Gen, Coz, Dogwood, Costel, etc etc. Guess you know Max too huh? I met Coz over at Max's apartment in Brooklyn. Small world huh? lol holla back

Post subject: Smallest World Ever!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:52 am 

Soopa, whaddup fam!
Yeah that's the krew....I sang vocals on one or two cuts with Frank, if we talk'n bout Frank B....has to be.
Yeah worked with Max on one of the sickest cuts ever migrate'n out of the bay. ..on the r & b level.
I'm still cool wit the krew...went up a few weeks ago for MistaFab's record release....I'm singing on his first album "IF Poppa was home"
Stay in touch mayne. This a small ass world!
-one-
-P-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:14 am 
Funniest Member of the Year '09

I want to see sp 505 OS upgrade, I know this bitch is capable of much more, there are a few things that piss me off, and a few things i know can be added to beef shit up sp 505 wise. visual pattern and step sequencer would be dope. The boss br 1180 has a cool step sequencer, its just a shit load of hassle wiring all the midi when i want some visual step sequencing, i know the 505 in and out minus 1 thing, the fucking microscope editor is crazy, if i knew what numbers were where on the beat i could use the fucking thing ut it does not come with any help about it anywhere, you'd have to pull out a scientific calculator and pen and aper to fucking equate some drum ryhtms. someone should hack this shit, i wonder why not many people gi ve this machine love, ? Lack of voices ? I dunno, I think its better then the 606 for real. MC 808 IS dope shit peace.,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:24 am 
303 Award Winner '09

Damn DJ Jayke Oneal I shop at Rasputin's too, but it's all about the record giveaway at poppin' off at Amoeba on Smellograph Ave. If you're still on this board throw a beat up. BAY LOVE for LIFE. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:12 pm 

dope cuts wrote:
I want to see sp 505 OS upgrade...

There is an update available available on Roland's Web site, but not on Boss', though.

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=175

The ReadMe file does not explain what the changes are, so I had to contact one of Roland's tech support personnel and this is what they told me:

Quote:
It looks like a problem with the BPM not being correctly displayed in the WAVE EDIT screen was fixed and also a problem with sampling to the SmartMedia card was fixed where some portion of the sample may not be processed correctly. Two minor fixes.

I'm sorry it's doesn't give you what you were looking for, but if anybody is having trouble with this then there is a fix for it. I'm getting one of these 505's soon.

Post subject: BAY LOVE 4 Life...that's right!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:28 pm 

DR.Sample303 that's what's up!!
sorry bout the delay in post'n...couldn't find my password.

I'm gonna make an attempt to post an mp3 on the site. It's a song I co-wrote and did a more livelier Remix version of called originally called "It's On"...everything was recorded using the SP-505 and the BR1180...probably can make some tweeks here and there....so it's not perfect...let me know what you...and anyone else on the post think.

if for somereason ...I can't get the song to upload directly on the site...
go to
www.myspace.com/themusicofthepatman

All the songs currently on the page were done utilizing the SP505, BR1180 and Yamahas DJX keyboard

word up!