It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:55 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:35 am 

i just learned stuff! :lol:

hey who is vexadj?
by the way i have NEVER listened to music on that site, don't plan to either. but if i got nazi'ed on like that, hot sauce, i'd be pissed as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:46 pm 

vexadj is the one and only 606man

www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:13 pm 

Hot Sauce wrote:
i reviewed this members tracks and gave my *honest* opinion.
apparently this guy is working on tracks for major artists and shit and did not take kindly to my advice.

i told him that his sound was good for mainstream music but on an artistic level it fell flat. he then tried to bombard me with false info claiming that he had composed complex jazz pieces.

Oooh! That never goes over well at FP. I used to get in really heated arguments over even simpler production-related comments. Things like:

SUBJECT TITLE: I GOT THAT HITZMAKING FIRE! SAVING HIP HOP RIGHT HERE!!1!

::cue amateur underproduced, candy-gloss synthed, taps for snares, preset-riding "beet"...::

Me: "I think your kick drum is too loud."

"But it's supposed to be loud!"

"Yeah, but it's so loud that when you add compression, which isn't really needed on the whole mix by the way, it's making all your other elements get lower in volume when the kick hits."

"It's all relative man. It's all about what sounds good. If it's fire, it's FIRE!"

"I.. uh... don't think this sounds good. Objectively. I'm not into this style of music, so I'm not saying the song is stupid. Just that the production (this is a producers website by the way) shows some unprofessional elements"

"F*** you, b****! This is that FIRE! Boom Bap ish, you just don't understand old man!!!"

I'm giving the FP poster way too much credit in the grammar, spelling, punctuation, and "sense-making" department. Anyway, as for the "old man" junk, I'm 26 now, and I was only 24 back when that argument happened all the time. I kind of just gave up after a while. Young kids don't really seem to want to spend much time learning anything, so there's not much sense in trying to teach them, even though I really enjoy helping musicians out. Especially because I usually end up learning something at the same time. It seems a lot of people just want their egos fluffed, rather than honest criticism or, perhaps, production advice. I almost never saw a post requesting criticism on the actual production. Never questions about whether a snare was too loud, the reverb too much, the compression too noticeable, or whether a mix sounded good on someone else's speaker system. Information like that about your own music, to me, is what the internet is here for in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:21 pm 

VexaDJ is a tool :roll:

ooops, I mean 'Troll' (on FP anyway).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:33 pm 

:lol: this place sounds like hell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:38 pm 

Huph wrote:
Hot Sauce wrote:
i reviewed this members tracks and gave my *honest* opinion.
apparently this guy is working on tracks for major artists and shit and did not take kindly to my advice.

i told him that his sound was good for mainstream music but on an artistic level it fell flat. he then tried to bombard me with false info claiming that he had composed complex jazz pieces.

Oooh! That never goes over well at FP. I used to get in really heated arguments over even simpler production-related comments. Things like:

SUBJECT TITLE: I GOT THAT HITZMAKING FIRE! SAVING HIP HOP RIGHT HERE!!1!

::cue amateur underproduced, candy-gloss synthed, taps for snares, preset-riding "beet"...::

Me: "I think your kick drum is too loud."

"But it's supposed to be loud!"

"Yeah, but it's so loud that when you add compression, which isn't really needed on the whole mix by the way, it's making all your other elements get lower in volume when the kick hits."

"It's all relative man. It's all about what sounds good. If it's fire, it's FIRE!"

"I.. uh... don't think this sounds good. Objectively. I'm not into this style of music, so I'm not saying the song is stupid. Just that the production (this is a producers website by the way) shows some unprofessional elements"

"F*** you, b****! This is that FIRE! Boom Bap ish, you just don't understand old man!!!"

I'm giving the FP poster way too much credit in the grammar, spelling, punctuation, and "sense-making" department. Anyway, as for the "old man" junk, I'm 26 now, and I was only 24 back when that argument happened all the time. I kind of just gave up after a while. Young kids don't really seem to want to spend much time learning anything, so there's not much sense in trying to teach them, even though I really enjoy helping musicians out. Especially because I usually end up learning something at the same time. It seems a lot of people just want their egos fluffed, rather than honest criticism or, perhaps, production advice. I almost never saw a post requesting criticism on the actual production. Never questions about whether a snare was too loud, the reverb too much, the compression too noticeable, or whether a mix sounded good on someone else's speaker system. Information like that about your own music, to me, is what the internet is here for in the first place.

exactly it's kind of hard to have intelligent conversations over there because everybody is about making music that is hot at the moment.

also a lot of people over there flat out refuse to take advice.
add in the horrible mods (anybody who visits that site regularly like i have done knows about them).

then you have the fact that there are huge contrasts in different production studios with huge flame wars taking place over stupid gear.

it's a really strange place but i'd be lying if i said that i didn't learn a ton from that site.

that's why it kinda sucks to be banned.
i'll just wait for my IP to renew itself.