It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:59 pm

Post subject: How do you listen to music at home?? on the go??
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:29 am 

So how/what is everyone using to listen to music??? on the go and at home??

i'll start it off

at home i usually use my home set of speakers, cheap consumer grade speaks..

on the go, i use the sony mdr-v150's, cheap headphones, i wore out my technics rpdj1200's and just lost my sony mdr-v500's, i cant afford to spend 100+ on expensive headphones anymore....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:24 am 

At home I'm on my mac with my JBL Control x1 speakers (I use them for my music too).

On the go I have my iPod shuffle and the cheap apple headphones. The Sound is ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:48 am 

At home : Some british high end speakers and amplifier + a philips CD player from the early 90s, in a dedicated room (well that's the home studio/ home cinema/ hifi room...quite small in reality !)

On the go : I never listen to music, I "make" music in my head or "play" my favourite songs in my head (my own 120+ Go IPod Pico).

...Yeah I know, I'm a weirdo.

alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:06 pm 

if im at home, chances are im at my desk, with either my music gear fired up, or the laptop playing music.

all this music is synced to my first generation ipod, which still hasn't exploded despite the hype.

speakers at home: frankenstein mixup of a mini-hifi's speakers and a sub from a really cheap crappy home theatre system.

headphones I have sennheiser HD212pros (super-comfortable), technics DJ1200s (built like a tank), and some sennheiser buds (MX something? cant remember. . dont like wearing chunky haedphone when i go out)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:44 pm 
404 Award Winner '09 + Beat of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09

at home i use one of those CD/tape deck things from philips - with fisher floor speakers.

on the go i use a philips cassette walkman with piece of crap sony headphones. funny thing with the headphones is that they have lasted over 5 yrs. The ear pads basically disinagrated from use- but the wires are still perfect.

http://www.myspace.com/juxtkid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:27 pm 

I have an old aiwa boom box. Its pretty crappy but its rare that I listen to music at home. The little time I spend here im either sleeping or working on tracks :) On the road I also rock a generation1 ipod. Thing is solid. My boy got the touch...and he has an NES emulator runing on it...I was like WHAT ! I may have to get one of those now...lol but ne way. I use my Ultrasone HFI-15G headphones. Ultrasone makes some serious headhones for those of you who havent tried em !

www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:32 pm 

At home it's usually coming from my pc to my MDR-v150's or into the Logitech 2.1 system sounds good enough. I'm without a mode for music on the go right now. I'll get an mp3 player some day soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:50 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

On the go I carry my PSP with me. Yeah, the portable playstation. A 2 gig flash card is more than enough and battery time is good enough since I'm usually not that long on the road anyways. I do use the standard sony headphones, so sound quality and especially sound volume isn't all that great.

At home I have a PC with surround sound speaker set with subwoofer, nothing too expensive, but it does a great job nevertheless. I also have a Senheisser headset which I use to listen to music too whenever my neighbors are home again. Good thing they aren't home most of the time. :D

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:22 am 
404 Award Winner '09 + Beat of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09

wow, everyone has the ipod, i cant see myself rockin one. I wanna use cd/cassette for as long as i can.

http://www.myspace.com/juxtkid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:35 am 

Being a hopeless techno addict, I have to be able to mix the music to be happy... so at home it's either the 'ol decks, or Numark's PC DJ software if I'm playing MP3s. That way the beat just goes straight on and on the way it's s'posed to. I often have a spare laptop with the Edirol Audio Capture streaming the lot to a file as well, so that.......

When I'm on the move I listen to mix CDs that I've made, or commercial mix CDs from the likes of Hellraiser, Scott Alert, Carl Cox, Sean Quinn etc (Melbournites will know who I mean). This is in the car btw - I never have liked the 'headphones' approach - music needs to exist in a space I reckon.

When walkmans first came around I was the dude haulin' a HUGE ghettoblaster around cranking 2 Live Crew a high volume! :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:52 am 

606man wrote:
Being a hopeless techno addict, I have to be able to mix the music to be happy... so at home it's either the 'ol decks, or Numark's PC DJ software if I'm playing MP3s. That way the beat just goes straight on and on the way it's s'posed to. I often have a spare laptop with the Edirol Audio Capture streaming the lot to a file as well, so that.......

When I'm on the move I listen to mix CDs that I've made, or commercial mix CDs from the likes of Hellraiser, Scott Alert, Carl Cox, Sean Quinn etc (Melbournites will know who I mean). This is in the car btw - I never have liked the 'headphones' approach - music needs to exist in a space I reckon.
javascript:emoticon(':D')
Very Happy
When walkmans first came around I was the dude haulin' a HUGE ghettoblaster around cranking 2 Live Crew a high volume! :lol: :lol:

You are the most gangster Aussie I know :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:15 pm 

I rarely listen to music at home,I'd rather listen to it on the road and for this I currently use a Creative Zen Stone(1gb) with decent sony headphones as well as a Sony Cd/mp3 player and that's plenty for me.If I'm home,I listen to wax directly on my pt-01 and cd's on a crappy boombox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:27 pm 

Frantic: Haha - 2 Live were from Miami weren't they?

I still have a battered old 2 Live t-shirt too! And the old Dre one with the pot leaves in the skull.... funny as. You have to understand - around here, in those days (late 80s), there were about a half-dozen people that actually knew what hip-hop was.

Everyone listened to Guns n Roses and all that heavy-metal krap. They all wore tight jeans with black t-shirts with 'Megadeth' or 'Iron Maiden' printed on them. So I got baggy pants and my own collection of black t-shirts (had an Eazy E one too). :D

'What's this sh*t?' people would say, where's the AC/DC? people would say. I said: 'THIS MUSIC WILL NOT GO AWAY YOU KNOW' - 'bullsh*t' they said. But I knew there was something about the hip-hop sound that would just get bigger and more popular...

It's nice to be right. Now even Australia has a thriving hip-hop scene!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:09 am 

I think they were from Miami... thats dope :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:55 am 

606man wrote:
Frantic: Haha - 2 Live were from Miami weren't they?

I still have a battered old 2 Live t-shirt too! And the old Dre one with the pot leaves in the skull.... funny as. You have to understand - around here, in those days (late 80s), there were about a half-dozen people that actually knew what hip-hop was.

Everyone listened to Guns n Roses and all that heavy-metal krap. They all wore tight jeans with black t-shirts with 'Megadeth' or 'Iron Maiden' printed on them. So I got baggy pants and my own collection of black t-shirts (had an Eazy E one too). :D

'What's this sh*t?' people would say, where's the AC/DC? people would say. I said: 'THIS MUSIC WILL NOT GO AWAY YOU KNOW' - 'bullsh*t' they said. But I knew there was something about the hip-hop sound that would just get bigger and more popular...

It's nice to be right. Now even Australia has a thriving hip-hop scene!

Yo,I can relate to your post bro,back in the day everyone hated rap and were saying that it was a fad.
2 live crew were the shit!! I used to laugh my ass out in the bus listening to
their tapes...
Man,that was a good time,most of the cats I knew that listened to rap,were also into house and techno.