It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:13 am

Post subject: electronic street performers?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:57 am 

I think this idea is really cool . . but never seen anybody doin it?

Obviously you dont wanna be doing it in the wrong parts of town or else youll get your stuff stolen. . but I'm sure there're plenty of places that youd be able to do it..

Anybody here ever tried it?

I'm thinkin bout takin the SP and a little battery powered keyoard synth like a bass station or a xiosynth out with a crappy little amp and havin a jam. . or gettin a few mates together to get one on drums, one on bass and one on lead synths..

waddya reckon. . ? for the record I am a little eccentric! :P

IMO society is losing the freedom of expression - everyones to caught up in acting how they think they should, etc etc. . needa take the mayhem into the streets!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:41 pm 

it would be great to do!
my electronica/rock band are going to do this when we have some more tracks ready.. One on drums, one on bass --> bass amp and me on sp-404, guitar and microkorg into our mini pa system. that will be soo cool=) love that the sp-404 and microkorg are battery operated

http://kristofferlislegaard.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:52 pm 

yep battery powered ftw! :lol:

I think the hardest part about being battery powered is the PA. . what do you guys use for your mini-PA?

what kind of music does your band do? would be interested in hearing some if theres any up anywhere?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:23 pm 

cartesia wrote:
yep battery powered ftw! :lol:

I think the hardest part about being battery powered is the PA. . what do you guys use for your mini-PA?

what kind of music does your band do? would be interested in hearing some if theres any up anywhere?

that's right.. the pa is not battery powered.. but it is mutch easier to get two power outputs than 4, but the main thing i like about battery powered stuff (exept the fact that you can play it on the buss:P ) is that it takes half the time to set up your rig for a gig. in many places thats pretty important ' cos i play at a lot of places where a lot of bands is playing that nigt and you only have 30 min stagetime..

our pa system is called yamaha stagepass 300. its perfect for small gigs using it for 404, microkorg and vocals, sometimes guitar too. and to get bandpractise easy we plug bass in it home, but its best to use bassampe live or else it would be a bit to low.

about hat kind of music we play well.. hmm, we haven't played that long so we only got one song that's finish and perfected. it is kind of electroninca mixed with rock, and a little funk/disco to. We are struggeling a bit to find our "sound" so it is a little bit of everything right now. But we are really on to something, it will result in many kick-ass songs.

'nuf goodwords for now. we are going to record get ready very soon. i'll post a link for it when it is done. Thank's for you intrest.

http://kristofferlislegaard.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:06 pm 

I live by the ocean and on the state pier there is a vending machine, and I've seen a rock band unplug it before to plug amps in. I thought that was a great idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:38 pm 

Cartesia have you ever been to Earthcore and seen CasioMan in action? He does exactly what you are talking about and he rocks! I'd suggest getting along this year and having a chat with the CasioMan 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:44 pm 

^
that guy has given me plenty to analyse in some rather contemplative states :wink:

this amp is battery powered (6xAA). should do the trick for a one-man show:

http://www.rolandus.com/products/produc ... jectId=594

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:50 pm 

another battery operated amp:

http://www.crateamps.com/products/pindex.php?prodID=17

and some electronic music street performance youtube links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgoz_cPEM8A&eurl=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqiMAwO3NFs&eurl=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:51 pm 

606man wrote:
Cartesia have you ever been to Earthcore and seen CasioMan in action? He does exactly what you are talking about and he rocks! I'd suggest getting along this year and having a chat with the CasioMan 8)

No I've not made it over to earthcore yet! Every year I try to but my mates are all either too unorganised or get scared of a bit of dirt getting in their shoes or something :P

I have heard of casioman though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:10 am 

The 'electronic freeform jam' is something that I've explored a little bit in the studio with the guy I used to perform live with. We are doing separate things now (I wanna get back into straight DJing - with some of my own tracks of course) and he is really going down this route. Only not in a truly 'portable' manner - he is playing 'live ambient jams' in the chillout room of a small club in Castlemaine (Hippytown in Country Victoria).

He says it's going well - I'll see if I can get one of his works to post (he records what he plays I think).

Not portable but musically sort of what you are talking about I think.

Oh, and I have to say it's UNAUSTRALIAN not to go to earthcore! Whip your mates into gear!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:24 am 

Quote:
Oh, and I have to say it's UNAUSTRALIAN not to go to earthcore! Whip your mates into gear!!

I'll be tehre soon . .. I've decided .. . fuck em

I'm gonna buy myself a van hopefully this summer, chuck a mattress in the back, bring my SP and whatever battery powered synth i end up with, and travel australia . . going via all the festivals of course ;)

will need some kind of money to do all this though haha :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:27 am 

I'm too old now, but most of the festivals, like earthcore and rainbow serpent, let you work for your ticket price (usually a 6 hour shift directing cars or summat).

This can make the whole affair rather cheap and ultra hippy-esque :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:32 am 

606man wrote:
I'm too old now, but most of the festivals, like earthcore and rainbow serpent, let you work for your ticket price (usually a 6 hour shift directing cars or summat).

This can make the whole affair rather cheap and ultra hippy-esque :lol:

interestin! might have to look into that. . its really the car bit thats the trouble haha!

I have such an addiction to buying synths/music gear, and I could easily spend as much on a cheap car as a synth hahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:03 am 

cartesia wrote:
I have such an addiction to buying synths/music gear, and I could easily spend as much on a cheap car as a synth hahaha

Just get a microKORG and you're good to go; it's small, lightweight and battery operated, too.

This thread brings to mind the idea of sitting in a drum circle at Burning Man with an SP-404 in hand tapping on the pads while everyone else is using bongos...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:17 am 

nah microkorg is bigger than what i would like :P