It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:03 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82
 Post subject: Re: Studio Pics
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:52 pm 

The caveat of the SP808 is you can only play 4 pads at once. In theory, yes you can bounce a few into 1 pad, or just carefully sequence them into your recording to the zip disc. But if you want a smoother running unit, ditch the Zip drive for the card reader.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:58 pm 

Headphones wrote:
The caveat of the SP808 is you can only play 4 pads at once. In theory, yes you can bounce a few into 1 pad, or just carefully sequence them into your recording to the zip disc. But if you want a smoother running unit, ditch the Zip drive for the card reader.

by this, do you mean it has a 4 note polyphony or an 8 note

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

"If you want that '90s sound, record at 12 bit as HOT as you can."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:03 pm 

I kinda forgot, so you should look it up, because I don’t want to steer you wrong. If anyone else wants to chime in and state the truth, they can. I bought one with the extra input/output card when it came out. A part of me wants to say 4 pad polyphony, but I don’t wanna look foolish if I’m wrong. If you feel me?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:55 pm 

Polyphony in this case is based on the number of voices. A pad that triggers a stereo sample equals 2 voices, whereas a pad that triggers a mono sample equals 1 voice. A track that is recorded in stereo equals 2, and a mono track equals 1. The 808 has 8 voice poly, so any combination of sound from tracks and pads can’t exceed 8.

I think the machine has a couple exceptions to this tho, in that playing all 4 tracks at once, whether mono or stereo, will blank out the sample pads. I think there r a few other quirky situations where the math gets thrown off a bit.

It does have mute groups tho, which can limit the chance of accidental sample overlap making voices cut out.

SOUNDCLOUD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:21 pm 

ghost bazz wrote:
Polyphony in this case is based on the number of voices. A pad that triggers a stereo sample equals 2 voices, whereas a pad that triggers a mono sample equals 1 voice. A track that is recorded in stereo equals 2, and a mono track equals 1. The 808 has 8 voice poly, so any combination of sound from tracks and pads can’t exceed 8.

I think the machine has a couple exceptions to this tho, in that playing all 4 tracks at once, whether mono or stereo, will blank out the sample pads. I think there r a few other quirky situations where the math gets thrown off a bit.

It does have mute groups tho, which can limit the chance of accidental sample overlap making voices cut out.

thanks ghost bazz! 8 note is actually very decent. my 303 is 8 note, and it's more than enough for me.

my 202 is 4 note and i still manage :lol: :lol: :lol:

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

"If you want that '90s sound, record at 12 bit as HOT as you can."

Last edited by zendan on Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:28 am 

nothing new but the turntable, stands and monitors.

wish i didn't have to work so much so i could enjoy using it.

an alternate config i had when i was teaching myself to drum.

UbuntuStudio/KXStudio,
https://soundcloud.com/mr-thraz

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82