It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:55 pm

Post subject: "Hole in The Wall"
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:52 pm 

..holy fuck,has anyone seen this?american entertainment has reached an all time low when fat people trying to jump through holes is a prime time television show.
Now,I'm not the "throw away your television" intellectual hippie type,i gotta have my news ,movies,and family guy...but still i feel really,really sorry for people that are actually entertained by this ridiculous shit.

www.myspace.com/druphit

www.myspace.com/adruthemisphit

www.myspace.com/beird

Post subject: Re: "Hole in The Wall"
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:09 pm 
555 Award Winner '09

adru wrote:
..holy fuck,has anyone seen this?american entertainment has reached an all time low when fat people trying to jump through holes is a prime time television show.
Now,I'm not the "throw away your television" intellectual hippie type,i gotta have my news ,movies,and family guy...but still i feel really,really sorry for people that are actually entertained by this ridiculous shit.

yup shits sad man lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:19 pm 
303 Award Winner '09

True, but this phenomena actually started in Japan with all their crazy gameshows. The fat people is just to make the concept more familiar with Americans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:34 pm 

i actually got to catch this, i was "high" watching this so for me it was stupid funny, especially the "blind wall," if you make it to the end you face the blind wall, where they put on goggles in which you can't see through. then your team mates have to lead you through the wall, so far no one has gotten through it, it funny cause they get smacked by the wall, kind of being blind sided, on a side note there weren't fat people on the episode i saw... i guess i'm the only one here who watched the whole show, sorry...lol..peace 8)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:33 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

adru wrote:

I'm glad I've got rid of my television a long time ago though... I'm definitely not really the hippie kind of type, it simply broke and I did not buy a new one (yet?).

However, the current television programs, whether local ones or international ones, are indeed at an all time low. What ever happened to some serious content, some serious, but still funny entertainment?

I'm glad there's still The Daily Show and so on... but damn, you're so right about the mediocre trash that's on lately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:17 pm 
555 Award Winner '09

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:50 pm 
303 Award Winner '09

CurrentTV is pretty interesting, Comcast carries it here in the SF Bay Area but they also have a website.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:37 pm 
Awesome Member

PHeMoX wrote:
adru wrote:

I'm glad I've got rid of my television a long time ago though... I'm definitely not really the hippie kind of type, it simply broke and I did not buy a new one (yet?).

Same thing over here. Now, I got some old ass east german tv, shit is sooo oldschool. Only 6 programs, no remote control... it's like stone age but it kept me away from all that visual crap. You know my TV always was running while making a beat and everything. Nowadays I'll light up a candle instead of the TV when I'm makin music.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:40 pm 
Awesome Member

*double trouble*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:08 am 
Awesome Member

Late night flicks can be sample gold, obviously. The hole in the wall thing is actually just one tiny bit off Takeshi's Castle, broadcast over here as MXC. That show's funny as shit actually, you get to watch people really hurt themselves trying some video game level stunts. Hahaha other people's pain. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:23 pm 
555 Award Winner '09

aesop rock - tel lie vision.mp3 - 2.10MB
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:13 am 

JayLost wrote:

Basic Cable - Aesop Rock
So on point in lyrics and emotion.
i couldnt recognise aes' voice in tel lie vision? what album/show is it from?
I gave up on tellevision about 6 months ago. all because my telly broke, around the same time my 404 arrived. now instead of entertaining myself with the product of some one elses effort, im entertaining myself with the product of my own. not much is worth watching, and what is i can see on dvd/internet. all i watch are some good comedies (office, extras, the mighty boosh, some australian comedy)...adult swim shit...maybe a good foreign movie or a doco. the rest is a shitty mess of gimicks and one sided journolism. which i guess is funny to watch anyway :roll:

A lot of people never use their initiative because nobody told them to.
-Banksy