It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:58 pm

Post subject: SP 606 vs sp 505
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:53 pm 

Does the SP 606 have the autochop like the SP 505? I checked Roland's website but they are terrible about listing all the effects. Thanks in advance for the help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:04 pm 

Don't choose one over the other just because of autochop. I got the 505 and trust me, autochop isn't all that. I'd rather have a 606, but there's a lot of 505s going around and they're mostly cheap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:13 pm 

Actually thats the main reason why I'm looking into it. I've got a roster of samplers for the various features they each have. The korg electribe has a pretty good chop feature. Maybe I'll go back. Again, does the 606 have the chop feature?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:04 pm 

the 606 and 505 both have autochop features but they are both different. The 505 has a more flexible one. On the 505 you set the sensitivity and then it gives you the chops (and will play them back in order if u choose.) It will give you up to 32 chops. You can then go through each chop and edit the start/end points or even add your own chops. The process is slow. A 4 bar drum loop withh take about 30 seconds. A 16bar sample can take up to 2 minutes. And after your done you need to use the clipboard to assign the chops to other pads (or u can resample) because you cannot sequence samples in the special chop banks.

The 606 does this MUCH faster but is more limited. Its essentially the same thing except its does up to 16 chops and those chops cant be edited before the process is finalized. But you assign the chops to go to an empty bank. which is much faster.

www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:45 pm 
555 Award Winner '09

damn frantic kicks sp knowledge for reals :lol: good shit bro 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:54 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

Dj Frantic wrote:
he 606 does this MUCH faster but is more limited. Its essentially the same thing except its does up to 16 chops and those chops cant be edited before the process is finalized.

Wait on the SP-505 you can actually edit before the process is finalized? That rocks ... should be in the sp-707 for sure!