It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 10:15 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:59 am 

DJ Aerial wrote:
if you don't vote you're being suckered into believing that your vote doesn't count.

have you ever noticed that old white people have a high voter turnout?

have you noticed that old white people get elected most of the time?

have you noticed that most laws in our society benefit OLD WHITE PEOPLE??

do you think there's a correlation here? a cause and effect?

WAKE UP!! if you don't vote then your interests don't get represented.

I'm being very sarcastic on here- people who don't vote and come up with a bag of excuses on how the system is F'd.. etc etc... same type of people that live with their parents 'til they're 30 . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:08 am 

In general, it's often the people who complain the most about the 'system' that do the least to change it :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:13 pm 

In my opinion Ron Paul was the only canidate worth voting for. And now hes out. Damn it now were going to have to deal with some nob slobbering figurehead, messing up our country even worse.

"if hip hop is soooo soooo soooo diverse now why the fuck cant i find it?" - Niq Names

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:38 pm 

Mr.Thiel wrote:
In my opinion Ron Paul was the only canidate worth voting for. And now hes out. Damn it now were going to have to deal with some nob slobbering figurehead, messing up our country even worse.

Don't worry, there'll be another nutty 3rd party candidate in the mix like there has been every year (Perot, Nader, Barr, etc...)
You know- one who will never win in a million years but they siphon votes from one of the biggies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:17 pm 

hXc wrote:
DJ Aerial wrote:
if you don't vote you're being suckered into believing that your vote doesn't count.

have you ever noticed that old white people have a high voter turnout?

have you noticed that old white people get elected most of the time?

have you noticed that most laws in our society benefit OLD WHITE PEOPLE??

do you think there's a correlation here? a cause and effect?

WAKE UP!! if you don't vote then your interests don't get represented.

I'm being very sarcastic on here- people who don't vote and come up with a bag of excuses on how the system is F'd.. etc etc... same type of people that live with their parents 'til they're 30 . . .

sorry, i get really worked up about this subject. our country is crumbling and so many young people don't even care enough to do anything about it. even worse, they actively try to convince other young people that voting is pointless. it's a cancer :(

"What I look forward to is continued immaturity, followed by death."
-Dave Barry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:56 am 

Quote:
The very idea that music—pop music, anyhow—could be created purely for the sake of artistic expression will be antiquated.

lol whoever wrote this article is still in 1985 it would seem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:36 am 

KRudd is an excellent example of why bother to vote - this country voted in a highly politically aware rockstar who has done sweet FA since he got in - P garrett anybody?-

think how ludicrous it is now when we clapped and cheered D Johns spraypainting PG for PM at a music awards. in yr wet dreams, mate.

Go on america, be like us and elect a drunken lapdancer's whoopee cushion as your leader.

it's all good I hear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:27 am 

sorry we only elect pro-wrestlers, movie stars, and hypocritical homophobic gay pedophiles.

it sure would be nice to see a graffitti artist in the house of representatives; then maybe we could get more color back on the trains in new york. it would reflect nicely whats inside those trains.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:44 am 

bishojo_command wrote:
KRudd is an excellent example of why bother to vote - .

Geez mate, you work for the Liberal Party? Give 'em more than six months before saying they've done FA - they HAVE actually delivered on most of their election promises (the ones that can be done is so short a time).

Australia voted Johnny Howard, that evil little dessicated coconut, OUT! that's why everyone should vote. If only the old, rich, establishment voted we would still be stuck with that prick.

Work Choices Nearly Killed MY Family..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:40 am 

Nader 08. that is all

Post subject: Nader
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:30 am 

mfox wrote:
Nader 08. that is all

Nader: Dedicated, accomplished individual with great ideas. As a presidential candidate a lame duck who is now starting to become a self-parody.
If he saved his cheddar he could fund a 2012, 2016 prospect who could actually have impact. Nader is better suited for Talk-Radio & article writing I find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:47 pm 

check out bob barr.:
http://www.bobbarr2008.com/

in a better world this guy would win and not just split votes. he's a libratarian and that's where i'm heading as well.
the national id, the war on drugs, spying on the general public; he's against all that jizz.
bob barr 2008!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:49 am 

nice try 606 but no cupie doll.

no i don't work for the liberal party - and for your typical melbourne drama high school teacher experience - i am allowed to have a differing opinion and political deference to yours.

This forum is called "Freedom of Speech..." - what are you employed by the unions?

the problem with your argument is that the australian sheep voted in that evil old dessicated coconut for 11 yrs straight - that's BOTH young and old - while he was pouring money into their bank accounts.

his dessication and coconuttedness was never a problem then.

yr forgetting that a large part of the KRudd campaign was spent convincing voters that he was even more fiscally conservative than the greatest fiscal conservative the country had seen.

it's interesting that you brought up work choices - care to explain why it still hasn't been abolished?

ummmm that's why you voted KRudd in wasn't it?

you got what yu voted in - a hypocritical middle aged guy who happily attended a lapdancing club and got so pissed he can't actually remember what happened - while employed in international diplomatic capacity -

he now wants to cut down on binge drinking and tax alcopops - gee, the dance industry will love him

go ahead and vote and make a difference, kiddies!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:24 am 
Awesome Member

hXc wrote:
Mr.Thiel wrote:

Don't worry, there'll be another nutty 3rd party candidate in the mix like there has been every year (Perot, Nader, Barr, etc...)
You know- one who will never win in a million years but they siphon votes from one of the biggies.
ok, i wasn't going to say anything but this seems uncalled for. you harangue people for apathy, then again when their candidate isn't up to your standards. i'm trying to figure this out... if this was your first post i'd call you a troll and move on but that's not it. if it was a single post i'd say everyone has bad days and let it go, but you're just as angry as you were on page one. well here's a truce. just tell us who we should vote for, get it out of your system and we can all move on. lack of action on this and i'm going to have to assume you authorize plan b, my starting up a one true religion thread. that'll be a nice catharsis, then we can all go back to being friends.

we're still cool right? =)

Post subject: Whoops
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:47 pm 

I thought I was replying but I made a new post instead- oh well.
I think all the responses have been really cool and I can't wait to see what happens in the election-