It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:51 pm

Post subject: my very own record label
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:06 am 

i know i post alot but let me tell you what i have been doing

i have had tons of people telling me that they want to record there own work.
so i have them come over and pay me ten bucks. if they want to rap then i give em a beat. but ussually they bring there own instruments. so i have made my own record label
its called tapdedeck records....and now i have had a huge hit...
so i think that im going to get more into it. i just got a printer where it prints on the disk...so i record em..mabye throw in a drum loop.
and burn it and i just say a buck a cd....
someone give me you thoughts...cuz i want to turn this into something bigger

and sorry for constantly posting im a sixteen year old kid waiting for football season to start

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:22 am 

Don't apologise for being a kid and having enthusiasm :D I remember being just like this at 16 : only difference was back in those ancient times there was no internet and thus I just talked about music to anyone who would listen. Not many people would listen though :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:41 am 
404 Award Winner '09 + Beat of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09

yeah, I remember i had a lot of enthusiasm around 15/16 years old with passing out tapes and shit. If you have a lot of people trying to record with you then your allready doing better than I did

http://www.myspace.com/juxtkid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:11 am 

Yeah man! that sounds dope... you got people coming to you to record, and you're gettin your beats out there! just keep building... and make sure you find someone decent to do your graphic design. :wink:

it sounds like you know how to get down in p-shop and stuff, so just keep doin your thing and roll with the opportunities! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:20 am 

Count Sierackula wrote:
Yeah man! that sounds dope... you got people coming to you to record, and you're gettin your beats out there! just keep building... and make sure you find someone decent to do your graphic design. :wink:

it sounds like you know how to get down in p-shop and stuff, so just keep doin your thing and roll with the opportunities! 8)

yeah im trying coming from no musical background to this is way fun im teaching myself everything so its hard but thanks for the support

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:09 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

Well, I definitely can say that you've progressed a lot in the time that I've seen and mostly heard your stuff here. So, definitely keep chasing that dream of yours man. 8)

I'm in the process of really starting my own band now, I finally found someone that's going to sing and the guy is really good also. I'm really excited, in fact I'm probably as much a kid as you are even though I'm 24. :P

You might want to consider asking one buck fifty to cover the expenses you have with CDs and printing (ink and so on or in case that printing device breaks, you know...).

All that's left now is to say good luck to you man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:19 am 

being the old ass man that i am..i'm almost jealous of all the avenues youg peopla have now adays to pursue all facets of music-from producing,to recording,to the business side of things.back when i was 16,you were mad lucky to even be able to get your voice onto tape with something other than a kareoke machine,lol..a lot of kids dont grasp how incredibly far technology has come in the last 10-15 years-when i was 22 and a pretty well known mc throughout the region,i still knew only maybe 1 or 2 people that had studios at their cribs-that was an extreme rarity,espescially in the midwest.what am i saying exactly..guess i'm just saying keep doing your thing and have fun with it-what your doing is definitely a great way to gain experience,help people out,and possibly discover someone incredible -one thing i wouldnt do is make half ass beats just for some extra casch though-you should put your all into every peice of music you create-and anything thats associated with your name-and every time you sit down to make a beat,you should be trying to do the best thing you've ever done.

www.myspace.com/druphit

www.myspace.com/adruthemisphit

www.myspace.com/beird

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:18 am 
555 Award Winner '09

juxt wrote:
yeah, I remember i had a lot of enthusiasm around 15/16 years old with passing out tapes and shit. If you have a lot of people trying to record with you then your allready doing better than I did

well im not 16 anymore and i still have the same if not more enthusiasm about this music creating then ever i love it i get so lost in the music its really deeper than just beats i dunno ...lol sorry im yappin...... haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:50 am 

adru wrote:
being the old ass man that i am..i'm almost jealous of all the avenues youg peopla have now adays to pursue all facets of music-from producing,to recording,to the business side of things.back when i was 16,you were mad lucky to even be able to get your voice onto tape with something other than a kareoke machine,lol..a lot of kids dont grasp how incredibly far technology has come in the last 10-15 years-when i was 22 and a pretty well known mc throughout the region,i still knew only maybe 1 or 2 people that had studios at their cribs-that was an extreme rarity,espescially in the midwest.what am i saying exactly..guess i'm just saying keep doing your thing and have fun with it-what your doing is definitely a great way to gain experience,help people out,and possibly discover someone incredible -one thing i wouldnt do is make half ass beats just for some extra casch though-you should put your all into every peice of music you create-and anything thats associated with your name-and every time you sit down to make a beat,you should be trying to do the best thing you've ever done.

ain't that the truth! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:57 am 

i can dig that man
yeah lately i have been pursuing every aspect of music i can
doin what i love man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:31 pm 

Move forward with it man. Also check out Kunaki.com They will print u very good quality CDs complete with packaging and bar code for $1.75 per cd with no minimum order. I think they do drop shipping also if u want to sell your stuff online.

www.myspace.com/djfrantic