It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:10 pm

Post subject: Octatrack mkii
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:40 pm 

Been watching what Jon Wayne does with the octatrack and it looks dope. The problem being how costly one is. Any ideas on a setup I can use in conjunction with my 404 that I could do similar things with? 2 sp’s at the same time and a mixer? Idk

Post subject: Re: Octatrack mkii
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:11 pm 

not an answer but can say that my short stint of owning the mk1 is that the fader is one of the coolest things I've jammed with. I found myself just setting up scenes and cross fading between them for hours, actually why I sold it due to nothing getting done. I miss that functionality so I'll watch this thread closely.

Also admittedly have no clue about the vid mentioned so I assume it has to do with the fader, how about a link?

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:44 pm 

Just peep jonwaynes instagram

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:59 pm 

Took a look, he's good, makes me miss my OT. Not sure how you'd achieve the OT work flow by adding a second SP though. I got my used MK1 off ebay $700. Seems like a lot and it is but I sold some gear to justify the cost. The best part is I re sold for almost no cost in ownership.

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:19 pm 

Matching the loops up would be tough but with a mixer in between them you could fader between two loops I guess is what I was thinking

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:20 am 

Durdy wrote:
Been watching what Jon Wayne does with the octatrack and it looks dope. The problem being how costly one is. Any ideas on a setup I can use in conjunction with my 404 that I could do similar things with? 2 sp’s at the same time and a mixer? Idk

Save up for a while and try to get a used MK1. The differences between the MK1 and MK2 are not significant enough to justify the gap in price. I got a used MK1 for about 650 USD. I'm selling my SP-202 and Volca Beats now to put some money back in my savings account (I'm a broke student lol) but it's totally worth it. The octatrack is incredible.