It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:23 am

Post subject: Keeping track of good sounds on records.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:31 am 

ive started keeping track of some nice oneshot sounds or background elements by using a piece of masking tape on the album cover so I can easily find where a drumbreak or some nice string sounds are.
used to mark records with stickers or crayons but then when I wanted to sample other spots that were where the sticker was, I dont have gunk on it, makes it easier to sell later on.
what are some of the things you guys do to keep track of individual sounds on records, or just keeping track of all the sound you have in general

Post subject: Re: Keeping track of good sounds on records.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:40 am 

sometimes i keep my records organized in different stacks based on what kind of sounds are on them

most of the time, i sample the sounds immediately onto my SP404sx, and i have a bunch of different SD cards that the sounds are organized on!!! so i don't have to go back and play the record again and again each time i need to sample it! i'd say 75% of my records have been played only once

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks