It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:23 am

Post subject: Re: SP-404 or MPC 500? (Also hello!)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:52 pm 

Danswift wrote:
That aside,the 808 is a very cool and powerful sampler,the on-board effects are second to none and it's resampling functions,pitch control etc are excellent -there are members of the site that I know use the machines without issues who can possibly advise you on the 808 and all manner of its capabilities so it maybe a good idea to start or search for an 808 thread where you can discuss the pros and cons of the sampler with other users.

Yeah man. That seems to be the collective opinion that I've seen, pretty powerful machine yet it loses much of it's power to the zip drive, kind of a pain.
I made the final decision to get the 808 and I also ordered a 202 off Ebay, which also has a not so great memory situation with the 5v smartmedia. I didn't realize at first that it was 5v media cards and not 3v so I ordered the wrong cards...
If I really do like the workflow of the 808 I'll probably see if I can get one of the memory card units from MPCstuff and swap out the zip drive, who knows
Thanks again for all the help, still lurking around and may post every now and then, cheers.