It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:04 am

Post subject: Re: Group Picture
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:30 pm 

MattCoops wrote:
Oh, don't you wish it was 92 again?

I was just thinking the other day I wish I could go back to the 90's. Riding my bike, getting high, slanging weed and having fun with my friends.

Now I spend 50 hours a week with douche lawyers and sales people that think they are gods gift to the world.
But I try and keep everything boxed up so it doesn't collect dust, it just slowly dies with me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:06 pm 

Crane wrote:
Sharris it would be cool to see your layout as well as I know you have tons of old school shit.

Here's most of my set up in my dining & living room..... once my brother gets his own place I'll have a proper studio (been letting him stay in my spare room). The below pics are thumbnails, click on the pic for a bigger view :)

https://sharris.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:23 pm 

Sharris wrote:
Crane wrote:
Sharris it would be cool to see your layout as well as I know you have tons of old school shit.

Here's most of my set up in my dining & living room..... once my brother gets his own place I'll have a proper studio (been letting him stay in my spare room). The below pics are thumbnails, click on the pic for a bigger view :)

jesus christ

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:31 pm 

zendan wrote:
jesus christ

Yeah I know....... I have a problem, but I'm scaling back.
I know I don't "need" it all, but I DO use it. I normally only use a few things at a time, but I like to bounce around. & I'm obsessed with this shit. Instead of blowing my money on a nice house & nice car, I put it towards my passions :D

But I do realize it got out of control. So I'm not allowing myself to buy anything new unless I get the money from selling something first.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:27 pm 

@Sharris No need to leave the house, ever.

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:12 am 

Kegeratorz wrote:

I don't except for work! Which is probably why I'm single :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:30 am 

Sharris wrote:
Kegeratorz wrote:

Haha, your better off. Gear doesn’t judge!!

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:55 pm 

Sharris... that truly is an amazing collection of gear! I bet it’s easy to lose track of time when u enter the creative zone in that maze of awesomeness. Weekends must b a lot of fun for u guys! Not that they ever aren’t fun, but that setup looks like it would lead to a lot of all night beat making sessions.

SOUNDCLOUD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:57 am 

Sharris,

That set up just look functional, you have it so perfect that every unit is in your reach. Do you have it all through patch bays, or is it plug and play as needed?

That's how I want my setup, setup. Once I ever get this downstairs room done.

So yes as mentioned above by MattCoops, don't ever get married and have kids or it will never happen.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:04 pm 

Ghost Bazz wrote:
Sharris... that truly is an amazing collection of gear! I bet it’s easy to lose track of time when u enter the creative zone in that maze of awesomeness. Weekends must b a lot of fun for u guys! Not that they ever aren’t fun, but that setup looks like it would lead to a lot of all night beat making sessions.

I def lose track of time & have a lot of fun! It's great that I have my brother around to jam out with as well, we have a "beat night" at least once a week & have been doing it for 2 years now. Half of me can't wait for him to get his own place so I can have a "studio"...... but the other half doesn't want him to move, I have so much fun when we make beats together. When he moves we'll still get together, just not as often.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:41 pm 

Crane wrote:
Sharris, That set up just look functional, you have it so perfect that every unit is in your reach. Do you have it all through patch bays, or is it plug and play as needed? That's how I want my setup, setup. Once I ever get this downstairs room done. So yes as mentioned above by MattCoops, don't ever get married and have kids or it will never happen.

Well I'm almost 40, so don't see kids in my future, but that's ok......
I love kids & all, but barely responsible enough to take care of my dog :P

I don't have a patchbay, I actually have everything plugged into the Yamaha mixer & dj mixer (which goes into the Yamaha mixer) except some of the portable gear, like the Volcas (I have cables ready for when I want to throw 1 in the mix).
The group outs of the Yamaha mixer goes thru Analog Heat, which goes thru the KP3+, which is ready to go into either Maschine Mk3, sp404sx or the MPC 2500. So I can sample anything I want, easily, into the 3 of these (these 3 are also plugged into the Yamaha mixer).

I can even scratch on the turntable (it looks more awkward than it is). I had my turntables set up "dj style" but no room by my samplers & I sample A LOT of vinyl, so just havin 1 in-between my samplers made more sense.

The only non-portable piece that isn't plugged into the mixer is the MPC 1000; I need to replace a few tact switches, but I keep putting it off since I have the 2500.

I also make little set ups on my coffee table :) I have a Zoom R16 (multi-track recorder) that I used for my coffee table set ups, but all the inputs went out (I loved that thing, argh).

But yea, it's very functional. I moved things around a few times before settling with this set up....I would make signal chain spreadsheets at work & then try them out. Really happy with how everything is set up right now.

I'm sure you know how it is, from the looks of your pics, I think you have more gear than me!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:24 am 

Sharris wrote:
I normally only use a few things at a time, but I like to bounce around.

You can even start 6 tracks at a time and bounce from one to another. Creating different tunes at the same time and give some the opportunity to mature. It is not a setup it's an electric garden. What is it you are growing for the time being ? What y'all growing ? I want to smell what's in your fruits and vegetable baskets sorry... tapes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:04 pm 

Gabanoise_Records wrote:
You can even start 6 tracks at a time and bounce from one to another. Creating different tunes at the same time and give some the opportunity to mature. It is not a setup it's an electric garden. What is it you are growing for the time being ? What y'all growing ? I want to smell what's in your fruits and vegetable baskets sorry... tapes.

Yea, 1 of my problems is having too many projects going & not finishing tracks.....but I'm workin on that. Recently, me, Crane, Ghost Bazz & a few others just did the sp mix marathon. I love it when Ghost Bazz & Crane battle, both really talented, they def inspire me ....push me to put more into my beats.
In March I entered my 1st battle & have been addicted since......it gives my beat making a little more purpose, I experiment more, learn more about the gear, I'm learning to put the done stamp on beats..... below is my bandcamp, majority is just battle beats (a lot of sp battle beats, an Mpc battle, Elektron battle, workin on an op-1 battle this month). I'm planning on making some kind of ep or whatever, use all my gear & really showcase my skills & what I've learned. I don't feel like any of my beats match the level I'm at because I just fuck around. And I've learned so much from battles. Need to put the work in & make something I'm proud of. That's my goal!

www.sharris.bandcamp.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:31 am 

I remember seeing a Sharris' place pic some months ago. Damn, it got better with these ones lol. This is probably one of the coolest and coziest places on earth.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:47 am 

Sharris wrote:
Kegeratorz wrote:

I got you covered baby, just DM me