It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:13 am

Post subject: New huge compilation by Inner Ocean and a bonus
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:45 pm 

This blogs called Rust made an article about the new 3:30h compilation made by the collective Inner Ocean.

https://www.therustmusic.net/inner-ocea ... less-vol-2

What do you guys think about long ass compilations like that? I saw it and went like "shit, it will bury everyone's song, it's too long" but I don't know. Maybe it's a good thing? I listened for like 25 minutes. There is a bunch of usual lofi hip hop. Good tracks here, more of the same there but everything at least well produced on these first 25 minutes.

Don't know how I will listen to it. I want to take notes on good artists to keep following after my first - and probably only - listening.

Also, there is a bonus:

Post subject: Re: New huge compilation by Inner Ocean and a bonus
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:25 pm 

I think it's a cool way to get some kind of platform if the compilation has a following, but otherwise I'd agree with you saying it'd just bury a lot of great stuff, unfortunately. I really prefer to listen to projects put together by the artist, I just personally find it to be more consistent and contextual more often than not. That's just me :?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:39 am 

Lmao ! Thanks for pointing that out Forest lol . Yea it’s aloooot of tracks and I feel the same way about getting drowned out by the numbers and it doesn’t help when I’m number 99 out of 99 lol. I think it’s a good resume builder, I get to to say I worked on an album with other artist bigger myself. All in all it’s for a good cause and I think with bless vol 1 they were able to contribute 17k and the project had about 10 more songs than this one so they were slightly a bit more selective I guess lol. I’m sure the numbers will reach the same if not more , and even if no one reaches track 99 I’m still glad to be apart of a project dedicated to helping those in need :mrgreen: . I honestly won’t listen to all 99 but I got a couple cats I know from around the way I’ll check out (Jfilt, funk.shu, STLNDRMS). Also, for someone on Spotify I think if you don’t have a paid subscription the album shuffled so that should aid in everyone getting their share of streams.

https://soulchoppa.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:46 am 

dude soul choppa that's awesome that you got on there... im gonna try to listen to it as soon as I can. I do think It can be hard to listen to a compilation that's that long intently.. if you put it on as background and then drop in every now and then when something really catches your ear its easier to listen to a whole project that long... but that's so cool you got on there... I might try my luck if they do another one... do you just send labels like inner ocean your tracks? or did you specifically know they were taking submissions for this compilation?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:02 pm 

Teddyp wrote:
dude soul choppa that's awesome that you got on there... im gonna try to listen to it as soon as I can. I do think It can be hard to listen to a compilation that's that long intently.. if you put it on as background and then drop in every now and then when something really catches your ear its easier to listen to a whole project that long... but that's so cool you got on there... I might try my luck if they do another one... do you just send labels like inner ocean your tracks? or did you specifically know they were taking submissions for this compilation?

Thank you so much bro , and I found out they were taking submissions through Twitter and figured I’d try my luck.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:56 pm 

Ur track is nice! I like the way the horns kinda fade or i guess stutter at one part of the loop... the groove is nice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:50 pm 

"100% of the proceeds from the sale of BLESS Vol.2 will be donated to a variety of Micro Loan programs for Women, Sustainable Water and Agriculture projects, Refugees, Education, Health Care and the Arts. The funds from the Micro Loans are paid back over time and it’s our promise to the supporters of this album that we will perpetually reinvest those funds back into future Micro Loans. This way the funds can continue to support people who need it for many years ahead. "

What the eFF is a micro loan and why would they not give it back to the artists directly?

This is Starbucks music
SJW Audio gentrification :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:28 am 

HAWTKARL wrote:
What the eFF is a micro loan and why would they not give it back to the artists directly?

The artist have an option if they want to donate or not, so any money made that’s not paid to the artist is donated.

HAWTKARL wrote:

This is Starbucks music
SJW Audio gentrification :twisted:

I take it you’re not a fan ? Lol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:51 am 

Microloan
Alright. I was not in the know

And... Yeah not really into the 99 track thing.
All sounds the same same.
I have the attention span of a 13 year old..

It's a puberty thing

EDIT - SOUL CHOPPER - Your track is good and I definitely don't NOT like it Xx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:26 pm 

I think it is a bit much to sit and listen to 99 tracks straight of anything... but inner ocean is def a pretty big name in the “scene” and people listen to the stuff they put out... maybe what inner ocean and a lot of people consider to be “l0fi” is a bastardization of what it originated as, and maybe it all does sound basically the same... but thats not gonna stop a lot of people from slammin on a 99 song playlist at starbucks and studying for their finals to it... id be surprised if, even, the curators/ artists thought that a lot of people would break it down song by song and rank all 99. I happen to like a lot of those lofi beats on the playlist.. and i think it is pretty cool that it gives a lot of people that make beats a chance to be apart of something with a “big” label name on it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:01 am 

HAWTKARL wrote:
This is Starbucks music

Not getting involved but incredibly curious as to what Starbucks music is?

SP-404SX