It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:17 am

Post subject: camping trip
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:17 pm 

im going on this annual camping trip my step dads family does. im very close with them all, theres a bunch of cousins my age who all still go. one of them raps and weve collabed often, and were sharing a site. thinking of using the sp-404's portability to make an album. prolly going to get a cheap cassette recorder/player and some cheap cassettes and try using those mixed with some nature sounds. maybe get my rapping cousin on some tracks. this is kinda like Kanye going to Wyoming but for me its this campground that has a lot of history for me and my fam. you guys got any ideas about this? anybody do something similar ever?

Post subject: Re: camping trip
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:48 pm 

I do it all the time :)
SP 404 sx, numark pt01 scratch, kaossilator and I hook everything into edirol m 10 dx. Sony bluetooth speaker too.
Everything runs on batteries, occasional power bank (for numark), and it's always a good trip.
I'm more into trip hop though, but it's pretty much the same thing.
Parks, public pools, woods... Sample sounds from nature and combine them with vinyls. Good times :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:19 am 

If possible, bring a cheap mic, and the longest cable you have along. Set up your mic by a raging river, or where water makes sounds if possible. If that don’t work, try just recording crickets at night. Or frogs croaking. Whatever nature provides, sample it!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:44 am 

Headphones wrote:
If possible, bring a cheap mic, and the longest cable you have along

... or get yourself one of these. Records in mono with phantom power and slick integration Image

Last edited by Gabanoise_Records on Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:59 am, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:08 am 

ive made a couple tracks the last couple years from camping trips out in the boonies in indiana... its a lot of fun just sneaking around in the forest and trying to hold your breath when a new bird or some kind of sound "pierces thru the mix" of life.... i wish i had some pictures of me and my friend creepin around in the woods one of us holding a mic the other holding the sp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:34 pm 

Sounds awesome. I have a camping experience but it wasn't serious and interesting. Actually, I'm not the best adventurer. I get lost very quickly. I remember how I got lost in Seattle https://worldpostalcode.com/united-states/washington/seattle and without maps, I couldn't have remembered a way to my hotel.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:31 am 

I'm homeless, does that count?
Sonetimes I 'camp out' in an alley behind some dumpsters and make real dirty beats yo.