It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 am

Post subject: Re: MPC 1000. What’s to like/dislike???
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:43 pm 

So I took the plunge. Couldn’t really tell if it had a hard drive or just the 2gig card installed. Not the end of the world if it’s got no HD. I could always upgrade it later with the bigger screen & HD down the road. The reason it is so high is the original seller is doing consignment. So maybe he’s trying to save up for something else?? But I got 2 months to come up with the rest. So I’m just going to have to be patient with my current gear until then.

But I feel it worked fine. Pads all worked. Screen was fine. Not sure how many samples were in the card, but I can always include my own later.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:48 pm 

Sharris wrote:
Are you talking about the 1000? If so, my MPC 1000 is the opposite. It enhances the low end. Enough so that I have to be careful when sampling.
Maybe mine's special :)

This will certainly explain why some equalize to the extreme those low frequencies. Sometimes I just listen to some beats and I know when there's too much high frequencies it comes from an mpc 1000. More than yours being special it must be your mastery of it ((:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:16 pm 

There is also a master effects section that contains EQ & compression. It’s pretty easy for this to b turned on either by accident or by someone who doesn’t quite understand their machine/settings. The default EQ is set to boost the lows/highs & cut the mid. I have a black unit & with EQ & comp turned off it sounds balanced, or true to the original source material.

SOUNDCLOUD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:21 pm 

Ghost Bazz wrote:
There is also a master effects section that contains EQ & compression. It’s pretty easy for this to b turned on either by accident or by someone who doesn’t quite understand their machine/settings. The default EQ is set to boost the lows/highs & cut the mid. I have a black unit & with EQ & comp turned off it sounds balanced, or true to the original source material.

I wonder if there is a setting that got changed on mine when it comes to sampling (not master effects, no eq or compression) or if something else is causing it. I'm not exaggerating when I say the sample I hear when monitoring on the sample page changes once sampled. Enough so that I have to be careful when sampling. It seems like it boosts the low end (but I wonder if it's "boosting", not just the low end) I'm going to do some tests. It boosts enough that it distorts the audio if I sample loud or if the sample has a lot of low frequencies. So it surprises me to hear other people's MPC 1000's don't do this. There must be a setting that is saved on mine or something. I don't notice this with the MPC 500 & I don't notice this with the MPC 2500 (but my MPC 2500 isn't really an example as the prior owner had all sample volume settings at 80 volume, so right after sampling the sample gets quieter, which I know I can fix if I want). I wonder if a similar thing is going on with my 1000, but opposite......it monitors incoming audio quieter. Hhhhmmm
All this time I thought it boosted the low end, but now I'm thinking no. It must just be boosting the sound in general due to a setting.

https://sharris.bandcamp.com/