It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm

Post subject: Listening Under An Influence
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:55 pm 

.. so . music sounds better when you're in an alterred state

soul is my favourite . slows the tempo .. bit like chopped n screwed minus the glitchyness .

it's comparable to tuning music to 432hz ( it's not pseudo science) .. if you've tried it yourself you will know the difference . i think there's a lot of redirecting / debunking in regards to the topic . take nothing for gospel without your own first hand experience

i don't condone doing hard drugs .. but if you're gonna . might aswell ehance your music experience .

1 1

Post subject: Re: Listening Under An Influence
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:08 am 

Weed-n-Alcohol. Nothing else.

Those 2 can really enhance what you hear.

I notice my best beats were made sober, though.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:23 am 

:| :| :| :| :|

Last edited by 444 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:34 am 

Co-sign on the hallucinogens!!! Weed helps me settle into the beat a bit, but I can also go on some crazy irrelevant tangents. Not alcohol for me. I hate feeling drunk or even buzzed. Too mentally slowed and out of touch w my body. I have a friend who is a phenomenal jazz musician who likes Eva playing drunk. He’s definitely not on his game as much from a technical standpoint. I think it makes him more comfortable really expressing what’s inside his head/heart, instead of being technically dazzling when he’s sober. Interesting stuff.

SOUNDCLOUD

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:46 am 

Acid, molly, weed, alcohol, Nitrous Oxide, are the ones I did in my party days for enjoying music. Mainly raves, after hour house parties, that sort of thing. Now, I don’t find the time to go out AT ALL. I come home from work, and crash. I don’t even make beats until my days off. But when I do that, I only smoke a toke or two. Too much will make me lazy, and I’ll just want to lay in bed.

I used to notice on acid you hear music a little better. But you can’t get much done under its effects, and even old guys who used to use it making music could only do just half a paper tab of it, if they were going to practice their instruments on it. But if you’re going to a outdoor concert, and you don’t over do it, it can open your mind & ears to it. However, it’s not a drug for everyone, and it’s not really a drug you can take one night & go to work the next morning. You’re going to need at least a day of rest, and you’ll be needing a good meal or two to recover. And to avoid bad trips, don’t have any drama on your mind. (Bad relationships, people you can’t get along with, stuff that makes you angry) I’ve only had 1 bad trip, but I can only say that if you find yourself having a bad one, try to have some friends there to help you through it. Go outside, breathe fresh air, but don’t fight it. It won’t work.

Sorry, I rambled there a little.

But just be safe no matter what substance you use. Just enjoy the music you make, or enjoy listening to, know your limits, and you’ll be ok.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:51 pm 

I don't drink that much anymore, maybe once every few months, but I do love the green. I can make beats without being stoned, but when I'm stoned, I feel like I HAVE to make beats......it's weird......& I love listening to music & making beats stoned ...........I leave the mind & go into a zone. I just feel.

Never made beats on shrooms or acid, I bet that would be fuckin crazy!!! I had a few bad trips in my younger years, kind of scared me away..... but also had some amazing trips.... my head just fucks with me too much, my surroundings need to be perfect doing that shit.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:03 pm 

Being on probation for pot, acid is like the only thing i feel safe doing cuz they cant really test for it ...i dont do it all the time but ive tripped more in the last few months than i ever have and the last time i took acid i took like 4 hits and barely had the visuals and color changes that i normally get... so im takin a huge break from it... goin to see steely dan next month prolly the perfect moment to go back in... i will say that weed is by far the best thing out there.. i wont call it a drug because its a gift from nature that grows naturally from the ground... i wish i could still smoke but ive been practicing meditation and it does seem to settle me down like weed used to do... one thing im happy about is i still find the motivation to want to make beats and other musical endeavors.. btw if yall havent taken acid and listened to black moth super rainbow you should give it a try... or shrooms... theyre heavy as shit.. or in total sobriety.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:39 pm 

I'm so glad weed is legal here....... they need to make it legal everywhere. Blows my mind that alcohol is legal, but weed isn't.

Meditation is a good back up tho :)
I prefer both 8)

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:06 pm 

Its nuts that weed is still illegal.. i mean they do make so much money off busting people with it... but what do i expect living in the most backwards political climate in the country damn near.. alcohol is so much worse for you too... like drinking is fun with friends on the weekend but if i drank as much as i used to smoke i wouldve been fired from my job with ten dui’s and a couple dead pedestrians... like no one has ever killed anyone after smoking pot, but unless ur a psycho serial killer, youre either drunk or on meth when you kill people.. its just nuts... rip bob marley, nate dogg, michael jackson im out lol