It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:23 pm

Post subject: Roland RC-505
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:14 am 

Anyone own or use the RC-505?

I've been trying to find a flexible looper. I tried the sp-555 for a bit but it just didn't cut it for the longer phrases that i wanted to loop. Also I can't vary the lengths of each looped phrase.

The only thing about the RC-505 that i've been reading about is that it has noisy outputs.

The other looper i've been eyeing up is the Electro-Harmonix 95000.

End goal is to not have to bring my laptop on stage. Ableton Live and Push make it real easy but I want to a laptop free set.

Post subject: Re: Roland RC-505
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:02 am 

yo . from my experience with the RC505v.. all i can say is .. there is no nousy outputs . the looper slighly bit crushes/softens the sound ( soften probably best description) . plus if you update the OS .. you can apply 3 master fx to control and tweak the sound (compression is nice on it)

as for the electro harmonix . i looked at the 4480 . was impressed but ... the 505 has save banks + screen .the 9500 doesnt appear to have save banks . ( not researched but looked at images . the 505 .. you can cut channels off by pressing button .. very quick drops in and out .. plus you got the fadera

whoever said the 505 had noisey outputs must have a faulty / 2nd hand unit. i had no problems with mine ( no longer own .. switch equipt up . now use the rc30 . probably not best option for stage .. only 2 channels

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:42 am 

aha .. the 9500 does have screen . not read up on its functionability

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:55 am 

I think you’re expecting too much from EHX. Their looping pedals aren’t going to have a screen, or come included with FX (because they would make more money & sell more pedals if they didn’t give you any). or a screen, so you’re going to have to trust your ears for punching in/out of your loops.

They’ve been around a long time, but they focus on pedals as their bread & butter. They’re just not as diversified as Boss/Roland.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:56 am 

Headphones wrote:
I think you’re expecting too much from EHX. Their looping pedals aren’t going to have a screen, or come included with FX (because they would make more money & sell more pedals if they didn’t give you any) so you’re going to have to trust your ears for punching in/out of your loops.

They’ve been around a long time, but they focus on pedals as their bread & butter. They’re just not as diversified as Boss/Roland.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:45 am 

the rc-505 is the stock-looper for the world beatbox community (they got a sponsorship deal or something??) - that's anyway my exposure to this unit; haven't owned one myself. Even tho' the beats produced by a lot of the 'top' guys are NOT my taste in music the technical skill level is pretty impressive..

There is a Russian guy, Inkie who competed a couple moths ago who blew my mind recently.. this is worth checking out imo:

https://youtu.be/wrXz_NUug8E?t=6m13s

SP-808 | SP-202 | SP-303 | SP-555 | SP-404sx | OP-1 | Ableton 10 | Tascam 244 | Adobe Audition 1.5