It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:08 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: VHS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:51 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:19 pm
Posts: 50
If it's helpful dawg most of those are on YouTube. Even ripped from VHS in hd, so you can really see those beautiful grains. Do you want me to post links g, or you can just search by title.


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: VHS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:03 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 185
Location: Out the back.Im digging up the yard and spying on the devil
zendan wrote:
Danswift wrote:
Just checked what I still have as the majority went at Xmas.

Turntable TV-Toiret For Godzirra
Turntable TV-Wash Your Trash
Turntable TV-Reverse Oyster Beard
Turntable TV-Attack Of The Robots
Turntable TV-Annual Special Vol 1
Turntable TV-Canadian Kung Fu

DMC-World Championships 1997 Italy
DMC-World Finals 1998 Paris
DMC-The Champions-1987-1995

If anyone wants em' that's what's left .. :)



DM me how much you would charge for the entire lot right there


Yeah no problem, I'll send you a PM later on today.

I've got a decent idea of how much these will cost to send as I was originally gonna ship all of the Turntable TV one's to Canada but the dude who said he wanted them started to fuck me around ,not answering messages I sent him etc.. so I pulled the sale.

I know that shipping fees to Canada can be expensive so hopefully these would be significantly cheaper to send to the U.S. as I see that you're based in Dallas dude.

I'll just need to get to the post office and get them weighed so I can tell you the exact cost ..i'll try and get there later today as the videos are already packed up in an airmail box from when the sale fell through before.

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: VHS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:38 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:12 pm
Posts: 311
Location: dallas
CAPTAIN SPACE KARATE wrote:
If it's helpful dawg most of those are on YouTube. Even ripped from VHS in hd, so you can really see those beautiful grains. Do you want me to post links g, or you can just search by title.


you think that looking at a youtube video (which inherently means there had to be an analog/digital conversion of whatever quality) is the same as putting a vintage vhs tape in the vcr and hooking it up to a CRT? listening to it on some monitors?

i bet you think youtube rips of vinyl sound the same too.

_________________
http://www.soundcloud.com/zendanisdead
HAWTKARL wrote:
The last thing we need is another utube sampling digital lo-fi anime beat maker.

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

"If you want that '90s sound, record at 12 bit as HOT as you can."


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: VHS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:43 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:12 pm
Posts: 311
Location: dallas
Ill Green wrote:
zendan wrote:
CAPTAIN SPACE KARATE wrote:
What value do yall place on VHS as a medium? Do you collect movies that ain't released elsewhere or is it just part of a 90s fetish?


videos produced before the latest 90s/00s were mastered in analog format. recorded on VHS. cartoons were hand drawn and recorded on VHS. the warmth of the color and the beauty of the grain. some people say that tape/film can capture the soul of the photographed/filmed

i think it's funny you said 90s fetish. my favorite tape is from 1971

As someone who lived the birth of VHS and Hip Hop, I can say that you need more research. Most likely that 1971 VHS tape is a reprint, VHS didn't usher in until the early 80's. VHS is also consumer quality, so cartoons made for VHS were dummied down from their original format which could be 16mm or 35mm film. Like wav. file tracks converted for MP3. And finally, VHS will always be analog, even Super VHS, its just low consumer quality of the time.


movie was released in 1971, tape was released in 88

and yeah but nah bro, it's not the same as digital compression.

_________________
http://www.soundcloud.com/zendanisdead
HAWTKARL wrote:
The last thing we need is another utube sampling digital lo-fi anime beat maker.

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

"If you want that '90s sound, record at 12 bit as HOT as you can."


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: VHS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:24 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:19 pm
Posts: 50
zendan wrote:
CAPTAIN SPACE KARATE wrote:
If it's helpful dawg most of those are on YouTube. Even ripped from VHS in hd, so you can really see those beautiful grains. Do you want me to post links g, or you can just search by title.


you think that looking at a youtube video (which inherently means there had to be an analog/digital conversion of whatever quality) is the same as putting a vintage vhs tape in the vcr and hooking it up to a CRT? listening to it on some monitors?

i bet you think youtube rips of vinyl sound the same too.


The best thing about you buddy is no one can make you look as fucking stupid as you make yourself. Hahaha comparing VHS and vinyl. Enjoy beating off to your vintage VHS g :lol: :lol:


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: VHS
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:58 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:12 pm
Posts: 311
Location: dallas
CAPTAIN SPACE KARATE wrote:
zendan wrote:
CAPTAIN SPACE KARATE wrote:
If it's helpful dawg most of those are on YouTube. Even ripped from VHS in hd, so you can really see those beautiful grains. Do you want me to post links g, or you can just search by title.


you think that looking at a youtube video (which inherently means there had to be an analog/digital conversion of whatever quality) is the same as putting a vintage vhs tape in the vcr and hooking it up to a CRT? listening to it on some monitors?

i bet you think youtube rips of vinyl sound the same too.


The best thing about you buddy is no one can make you look as fucking stupid as you make yourself. Hahaha comparing VHS and vinyl. Enjoy beating off to your vintage VHS g :lol: :lol:


:roll: :roll: :roll:

again just some dumbass talking shit without backing his opinions with any logic

_________________
http://www.soundcloud.com/zendanisdead
HAWTKARL wrote:
The last thing we need is another utube sampling digital lo-fi anime beat maker.

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

"If you want that '90s sound, record at 12 bit as HOT as you can."


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: VHS
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:58 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:19 pm
Posts: 50
Uh huh.

Bye bitch


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: