It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: wasup
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:10 am 

what's going on in everyone's lives? vent here. i want to hear what's going on really. maybe i and other members can offer advice or you guys can just take comfort and getting shit off your chest.

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

Post subject: Re: wasup
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:28 am 

nothing to report . but to say ..

i feel like ive sacraficed alot of things . music has come first . just creating

the persuit of jobs .. relationships .

been content with work hours cos they've aloud me to create . as for relationships .. well . most people seek a partner . that energy for me has been invested in making tracks . just how it is

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:10 am 

i wish i could be content alone, takes a very strong person

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:34 am 

tbh i live at home with the folks so its pretty communial . i prefer it to worrying about rent n bills . gift n a curse really . can't get the women back to the place with such ease .. :lol:

Last edited by THEGREAT on Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:42 pm 

Attachment:
0a6263074c7ce94f09dae0aa3721d1726564ae899a2b97994ccefcbf78161076_320x212.jpg
0a6263074c7ce94f09dae0aa3721d1726564ae899a2b97994ccefcbf78161076_320x212.jpg [ 44.01 KiB | Viewed 8575 times ]

SP-303
SP-303SX
SP-202A

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:25 pm 

Yo Krisso! Man I think that’s a pretty common situation for folks who r in love w creating music. U r putting ur music first in a preemptive manner... acknowledging it will always come first. It eliminates the tug of war that arises when attempting to reconcile that love for music w say, “family life”. Lots of amazing musicians have had numerous failed attempts at marriage and family life. That’s not to say u can’t find a mate w similar interests or passions, or an understanding and interest in what u do. But yeah, music can b a dark mistress. If I don’t force myself to get away from the beats every now and then I forget there is other stuff that I actually enjoy as much as making music.

SOUNDCLOUD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:58 pm 

When I was younger I was extremely co-dependent.....not just with relationships, but with friends too. 24 hours a day I was with someone.
When my drug habit got really bad I moved to Texas to get away from everything & to get cleaned up (this was 12 years ago). I went from being co-dependent to completely isolating myself (I didn't know anyone in Texas). Even tho it was really hard at first, I needed it. I struggled for a while with being lonely & just trying to find myself. It took time, but I finally got to a point where I loved myself & was able to be completely happy ALONE....without depending on someone else in order to be happy. It's a great feeling.

Everything you said Ghost Bazz is sooo true.....
I'm really obsessive, so whatever I'm into I do nothing else. I'm trying to work on that & to take breaks from making music......do other things I love. I noticed that when I do take breaks, my music gets better & I'm more inspired. There are so many amazing things in life to experience!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:49 pm 

A lot of successful musicians and artists lead healthy and well balanced lives yo. Just saying, if focussing on beats is affecting other parts of your life there's no shame in addressing your life balance g. Gotta look after yourself

I used up all the lube

TALENT SCOUT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:36 pm 

^Truth. Health first.

Balance is ideal for sure. It can be a challenge though.

@Krisso - Nice job on Everything Different! Great album dude. That Spotify shit is dope! Anyone who doesn’t know should give it a listen. Dude spits on top of his own beats... respect.

SOUNDCLOUD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:01 pm 

I broke with this girl like 15 days ago. I realized that it wouldn't last since she was demanding in a weird way that I could not handle at all - she was very supportive and made effort to understand my world but at the same time it was like "ok, I did my job, now you have to simple address all these stuff here that I want" and I never asked her anything since I know that I need to spend a lot of time alone and stuff. She was an amazing girl and I grew a fucking ton in the last months but well... I couldn't handle it.

These days I thought about all the amazing girls I dated through my life. I have been in relationships since I'm 17 and I'm just the luckiest guy on earth. Dated the most beautiful girl I knew, and the coolest, and the perfect sexual partner... I had it all. Never could really handle it. Have an amazing time through various relationships but always felt something anchoring me down. It was me, of course.

I suddenly realized that I need to figure out a lot of stuff. I want to be happy and realize a bunch of dreams I have - nothing really hard, but they are things I want to do alone or at least kinda of.

I wasn't feeling about sharing it, but since the "health first" is going into conversation. Yeah, balance is a need. I always burnt myself into these relationships because many reasons but all they had in common that I did not pay attention to health (in the many ways it can be manifested).

I don't know how cocky is to assume myself as a sensitive person, but I know a lot of people here are (maybe everyone) and being a fucking destructive ball of energy that no one can handle - even yourself - is kinda a problem. Everyone has his on balance, someone can go well by being alone all the time and just hang the phone from time to time to reach parents or friends. I'm rambling at this point lol... Just wanted to vent a bit and share the point I'm know on this.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:00 pm 

usually when i'm alone i focus more on bettering myself, but it's just so i can find someone. funny though, this last break up sent me into a deep depression and i've been worse than ever lmao, but i still found a new girl, and now i feel like it's keeping me from improving. sometimes i want to dump her. i'm stupid though. i should be able to improve while she's here.

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:28 pm 

That's part of growing up I think.......
I was the same way when I was your age.

The problem is, when your happiness depends on someone else, when the relationship is over, it's like life ending. You feel like you can't live without them.
If you don't depend on them for your happiness, you might be sad if it doesn't work out, but it's not life altering.

I'm happier than I have ever been and it's honestly because I don't depend on an outside source to make me happy. All though, it took me years & a lot of pain to get to this point. Being suicidal because of the end of a relationship made me decide to do whatever it took to never feel that way again. & what it took was being happy when alone....which I guess is loving yourself....I don't know....I never had a low self esteem, so it's weird to call it loving yourself, but it feels that way........
If I was only happy when in a relationship & miserable when alone, I guess that's not really loving myself. When you love yourself you don't need anyone else to be happy. Even tho it's NICE being in a relationship, you don't need it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:00 am 

only one person in the world could make me feel that way, suicidal over the break up... so i guess it never will happen to me again. but i'm going through it right now. if i lost my current gf i probably wouldn't care

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:03 am 

That makes sense, it was the same for me. Just the 1.
I know there is other shit involved, not just "being happy alone".
I bet you had an amazing connection with her.......when you connect with someone on a really deep level & that person hurts you it's fucking heartbreaking......even if you love yourself & can be happy alone. It's hard finding someone you can connect with on a deep level like that.......most people go their whole life without finding that someone. So they just settle.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:51 am 

i guess the rest of my life will be empty

IIIII wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next