It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 pm

Post subject: Record store day
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:05 pm 

Anyone else stoked for record store day this year? I'm usually not a fan of super consumerist events or holidays or whatever but my vinyl obsession takes over on this one, supporting local businesses is cool too. There's a dilla reissue and a laraaji I hope to snag on Saturday, and there's one from Mickey hart that looks pretty interesting

Post subject: Re: Record store day
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:00 am 

reissues are a complete waste of money.... pointless....
dilla record originals are even pointless...any music mastered digitally is best listened to in its originally mastered form..... recording it on vinyl degrades the quality and changes it up from how it was originally mastered to sound..... i don't have any post 1980s vinyl except a few hip hop records with ACAPELLAS on em, original vinyl releases...
it's a cool novelty if you wanna be a hip guy but they're pointless and a waste of money for anything other than aesthetic purposes

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:10 am 

Wished that holiday existed here. But since the hurricane, people are just moving leaving behind stacks of records. They either give or sell them to me and for cheap. I don't pay much because they such a rush to move, maybe like $20 for a crate. Just got a crate of elevator music I thought would be wack Frank Sinatra instrumentals, turned out to be Axelrod-esique kind of sounds.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:26 am 

Don't want to start a new topic, but I want to share the news I came across - and it's sort of linked to this subject - so I'll put it here instead :

https://pitchfork.com/news/high-definit ... -year/amp/

Hope the price tag gonna be reasonable.
And I certainly wouldn't mind seeing some reissues in this Hi Fi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:20 pm 

zendan wrote:
reissues are a complete waste of money.... pointless....
dilla record originals are even pointless...any music mastered digitally is best listened to in its originally mastered form..... recording it on vinyl degrades the quality and changes it up from how it was originally mastered to sound..... i don't have any post 1980s vinyl except a few hip hop records with ACAPELLAS on em, original vinyl releases...
it's a cool novelty if you wanna be a hip guy but they're pointless and a waste of money for anything other than aesthetic purposes

That's super for you, at least you're not uppity about it.
Ill Green wrote:
Wished that holiday existed here. But since the hurricane, people are just moving leaving behind stacks of records. They either give or sell them to me and for cheap. I don't pay much because they such a rush to move, maybe like $20 for a crate. Just got a crate of elevator music I thought would be wack Frank Sinatra instrumentals, turned out to be Axelrod-esique kind of sounds.

That's a shame man, at least you're getting some cheap wax out of your situation.
LoopmantrA wrote:
Don't want to start a new topic, but I want to share the news I came across - and it's sort of linked to this subject - so I'll put it here instead :

https://pitchfork.com/news/high-definit ... -year/amp/

Hope the price tag gonna be reasonable.
And I certainly wouldn't mind seeing some reissues in this Hi Fi

That's pretty interesting, I'm content with the sound quality I get now so I probably wouldn't buy any of it but it's way cool that new kind would use less nasty chemicals in manufacturing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:34 pm 

Its cool bro, thanks. At least we got 420 here :mrgreen: