It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:56 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: someone said
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:51 pm 

This thread still sucks, but I'll try to contribute...

1. Does sampling on a 404 in standard grade add 'warmth'? No.
2. Does sampling on a 404 in standard grade add 'color'? Yes, a tiny degree that will not be noticed by a untrained ear. Bounce the sample off to another recording device (of same or higher quality) and back to the 404 10x and you'll start to hear the 'coloring' from going D/A, A/D, D/A, A/D ...
3. Does sampling on a 404 in lower grades add 'warmth'? Depends on the sample.
4. Does sampling on a 404 in lower grades add 'color'? Yes, in the sense that the sound isn't being accurately reproduced, also see #2.
5. Can you obtain a 'warm' sound with the effects on a 404? Yes you can. Hopefully that's why you bought the damn thing for and not for the awesome sequencer, pitch functions, velocity sensitivity, massive polyphony, mute groups, ASDR envelopes, LFO's, and cup holders it doesn't have.
6. Can you obtain a 'warm' sound with the 404 if you didn't start with a 'warm' sample? Yes you can, little timmy. Start with those effects like eq, isolator, fuzz, distortion, compressor, vinyl sim, or check in the 'tips n tricks' section of this forum.
7. Is 'warm' sound only pertaining to analog equipment? Nope, plenty of digital effects racks, digital guitar pedals, and software plugins out there to help you achieve this debatable sound.
7. Can the for-lacking-a-better term 'warmth' as pertaining to sound and it's subjectivity be debated or argued until the end of time? Yes, most likely until a asteroid collides with Earth or the Andromeda Galaxy swallows the Milkyway Galaxy in about 4 billion years.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:53 pm 

andy wrote:
I’ll leave this tidbit here for you all though... to be productive.

Goodhertz vulf compressor

You’re welcome.

Ps: they have sale frequently

Shhhhhhh.... Don't tell them that. The DAWless will become DAWful!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:03 pm 

gleezopendoors wrote:
i feel somewhat responsible for this, with my first post. Lol I apologize SP fam

You're fine. I'm just trolling this shit, because of assholes that like to personally insult people just because they disagree with them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:39 pm 

I liked this thread, I learned a few things & got a few laughs. I personally love to debate, hear other peoples points of view & evoke discussion. Problem is we have a lot of passionate people on this forum & maybe some big egos, so it's easy for things to get out of control.
One of my big flaws is not letting things go & wanting to have the last word. I promise to work on that.
I am feeling bad that gleezopendoors felt he had to apologize, he didn't do anything wrong. Sorry for my part in that man.
The reason I even joined a forum was to hopefully help people. I had a mentor that taught me a lot & I'm so appreciative for it. I wanted to give back (if I could, of course I have a lot to learn myself). I also love talking about anything to do with beat making & met a lot of cool people on this forum. Hopefully this thread didn't leave a bad taste in your mouth gleezopendoors. There's a lot of knowledgeable people here that love making music like you do. I've read a lot of forums & the sp forum is by far my favorite.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:14 pm 

HUNGRYMAN wrote:
This thread still sucks, but I'll try to contribute...

1. Does sampling on a 404 in standard grade add 'warmth'? No.
2. Does sampling on a 404 in standard grade add 'color'? Yes, a tiny degree that will not be noticed by a untrained ear. Bounce the sample off to another recording device (of same or higher quality) and back to the 404 10x and you'll start to hear the 'coloring' from going D/A, A/D, D/A, A/D ...
3. Does sampling on a 404 in lower grades add 'warmth'? Depends on the sample.
4. Does sampling on a 404 in lower grades add 'color'? Yes, in the sense that the sound isn't being accurately reproduced, also see #2.
5. Can you obtain a 'warm' sound with the effects on a 404? Yes you can. Hopefully that's why you bought the damn thing for and not for the awesome sequencer, pitch functions, velocity sensitivity, massive polyphony, mute groups, ASDR envelopes, LFO's, and cup holders it doesn't have.
6. Can you obtain a 'warm' sound with the 404 if you didn't start with a 'warm' sample? Yes you can, little timmy. Start with those effects like eq, isolator, fuzz, distortion, compressor, vinyl sim, or check in the 'tips n tricks' section of this forum.
7. Is 'warm' sound only pertaining to analog equipment? Nope, plenty of digital effects racks, digital guitar pedals, and software plugins out there to help you achieve this debatable sound.
7. Can the for-lacking-a-better term 'warmth' as pertaining to sound and it's subjectivity be debated or argued until the end of time? Yes, most likely until a asteroid collides with Earth or the Andromeda Galaxy swallows the Milkyway Galaxy in about 4 billion years.

(y) :wink: :wink: :wink:

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

"If you want that '90s sound, record at 12 bit as HOT as you can."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:15 pm 

HUNGRYMAN wrote:
gleezopendoors wrote:
i feel somewhat responsible for this, with my first post. Lol I apologize SP fam

You're fine. I'm just trolling this shit, because of assholes that like to personally insult people just because they disagree with them.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:54 pm 

i kept thinking all of the trash talking and name calling was going to build up to something, but zendan has definitely proven that it's all talk.. never see any posts in the beat battles from zen.. last time i tried to instigate a one on one battle, zendan said something like "i dont want to embarass these fools" ... it seems to me that zen is scared... he def has some slappers on SC and seems to be more experienced and skilled than me, but we need some real bloodsport here... zen is trolling the shit out of the forums... turning avatars against eachother... others are trolling the trolled postings just to prove a point that its all trolling.... It's all super entertaining but we need some kind of climax... and since this is the sp-forums i think we oughta do a battle. i know if i lose ill have to endure a barrage of name callings and more bullying from zendan, but if i win maybe zen will stop and think before he brags about all the followers that he bought on soundcloud... Im callin you out zendan...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:58 pm 

Let me throw my first SP microwaves into the mix :)

Twitter: HZH1L
Soundcloud: GLEEZOPENDOORS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:13 pm 

Teddyp wrote:
i kept thinking all of the trash talking and name calling was going to build up to something, but zendan has definitely proven that it's all talk.. never see any posts in the beat battles from zen.. last time i tried to instigate a one on one battle, zendan said something like "i dont want to embarass these fools" ... it seems to me that zen is scared... he def has some slappers on SC and seems to be more experienced and skilled than me, but we need some real bloodsport here... zen is trolling the shit out of the forums... turning avatars against eachother... others are trolling the trolled postings just to prove a point that its all trolling.... It's all super entertaining but we need some kind of climax... and since this is the sp-forums i think we oughta do a battle. i know if i lose ill have to endure a barrage of name callings and more bullying from zendan, but if i win maybe zen will stop and think before he brags about all the followers that he bought on soundcloud... Im callin you out zendan...

nigga BOUGHT? ahahaha ya

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:14 pm 

if i'm throwing down it's a specific battle made special for me. lol. the try to beat zendan beat battle.

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:53 pm 

im not sure what you mean by a "specific battle made special for me" but if that means you want to pick the samples and the rules ,cuz youre too scared to do it fair and square, im still game. my guess is ur trying to talk ur way out of it tho

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:24 pm 

Teddyp wrote:
im not sure what you mean by a "specific battle made special for me" but if that means you want to pick the samples and the rules ,cuz youre too scared to do it fair and square, im still game. my guess is ur trying to talk ur way out of it tho

nah i just don't want to compete in a usual spbb. i want it to be named after me lol and only SP allowed. i don't care who puts it together

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:39 pm 

im down for that... who wants to moderate/ set it up?

The great zendanisdead vs. teddyp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:19 am 

whoever puts it together, it should be only one sample plus one drum break and nothing else is allowed

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:50 am 

I wouldn't mind picking the sample & drums...........
Or battlin........
either way, I was a part of the debate,
so maybe I should be involved in some way 8)
Then we can do a poll to vote on the fav beat.
Or pick the voters......
Zendan has a lot of haters, open poll might not be fair.......
Just sayin......not hatin.........

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next