It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:18 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: someone said
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:15 am 

zendanisdead wrote:
lmao but i did add something of value. you said an sp adds warmth, and i corrected you and shed light on the issue. i'm sorry if you're too ignorant to realize this or too proud to acknowledge it.

Lets be clear, when I said "warmth" I meant certain EQ, artifacts, the vinyl sim etc. That might not be the right term.

Twitter: HZH1L
Soundcloud: GLEEZOPENDOORS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:28 am 

gleezopendoors wrote:
zendanisdead wrote:
lmao but i did add something of value. you said an sp adds warmth, and i corrected you and shed light on the issue. i'm sorry if you're too ignorant to realize this or too proud to acknowledge it.

Lets be clear, when I said "warmth" I meant certain EQ, artifacts, the vinyl sim etc. That might not be the right term.

that's fine man, you meant whatever you meant. i shed light on the issue.

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

"If you want that '90s sound, record at 12 bit as HOT as you can."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:41 pm 

Yeah I have to agree with Zenden. & you might say you were referring to eq & vinyl sim, but I don't know man. In all honesty I think words get thrown around too much without knowing the actual meaning. & of course people are going to say calling a sound warm is an opinion....... but only to a certain extent.

If you truely know what a warm sound is & it's the reason you purchased the 404, you'll be dissapointed, simple as that. Z doesn't sugar coat his words like we're used to so it's easy to take offense & think of him as an asshole.......you only saw that he called you 14.......... not the knowledge he brings. Totally understandable tho....... I would feel the same way. Even if he was right, I would take offense. Thats the issue people are having....

Whats funny tho is someone else said the same thing to Zendan, something like he's either 14 or has autism. Zendans reply was a smile.

P.s. I sit in front of a computer all day at work & play on the forum.......not stocking you Z just find you more amusing than my work........sometimes :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:41 pm 

Sharris wrote:
people are going to say calling a sound warm is an opinion....... but only to a certain extent.

The term "warm" is a variable in every way you can use it, thus it is an opinion. Maybe those that grew up in the digital age find that warm or warming to the ears, have no clue. Or maybe it was used in it's alt definition, "having, showing, or expressive of enthusiasm, affection".

The fact that a new user came on here (as I did) and said holy shit this thing is awesome, then got shit cause of another users interruption of a single word is the problem. It's not shedding light on a matter no matter how you look at it.

Nothing against you sharris, I happen to be in front of my laptop all day as well!

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:33 pm 

I totally get that Kegeratorz, I knew someone would say something about my comment.

When I first joined the forum I was walking on egg shells with every word I typed thinking if I worded something incorrectly in any way I would get grief for it. I quickly got over that, but just sayin I understand.

Definition of a warm sound - prominent in the low & mid range. So it can be taken a lot of ways. BUT, sampling into a 404 doesn't make a sound prominent in the low & mid range. It sounds the same as the source. It might change the sound in a way, but in a REALLY minor way......it would be hard to even tell. Eq'ing, filtering, ect could help make a sound prominent in the low & mid range........but c'mon.

I can see how these comments get to some people. I hear from a ton of software users that they bought hardware cuz they wanted something analog.....& what they bought wasn't analog......hardware doesn't equal analog. Someone says they bought a 404 for it's warm sound....but sampling into the 404 sounds the same as the source..... & the info spreads....ie: he says he bought the 404 for the warm sound people talk of. Apparently he heard this from someone. If nobody corrects the person or even shares their opinion (if it's a matter of opinion) people will assume it must be true. There's bad/incorrect info all over the internet. If Zendan didn't say anything, I new user could read that thread & get from it that a 404 adds warmth. If they then bought the 404 for this reason, sampled into it & heard that it didn't add anything, they would be disappointed. That's basically my point. Of course they could fall in love with the 404 for many reasons....but I'm sure a warm sound wouldn't be one of them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:11 pm 

Sharris wrote:

Definition of a warm sound - prominent in the low & mid range. So it can be taken a lot of ways. BUT, sampling into a 404 doesn't make a sound prominent in the low & mid range. It sounds the same as the source. It might change the sound in a way, but in a REALLY minor way......it would be hard to even tell. Eq'ing, filtering, ect could help make a sound prominent in the low & mid range........but c'mon.

It's a sampler, got it, but man so many make there samplers sound "warm" with material they sample and on board effects to me. I'm no producer though, just how I hear it.

Edit: My opinion of course

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:27 pm 

I get that :)

& there are samplers that actually DO add warmth when sampling into them. 2 samplers that I think add warmth other people disagreed with, but it's fact. It wouldn't be enough to buy for the warmth, but def adds low end. I'm talkin about the MPC 1000 & 2500. I've heard people that own older MPC's like the 60 say the 1000 & 2500 don't do anything to the sound, but they're used to older MPC's, which do more to the sound. All I know is when I sample into the 1000 or 2500 I have to be careful. When monitoring you only hear the incoming signal, but once sampled you hear the difference. The 1000 & 2500 were adding enough low end that I had to resample a lot of drums & bass stabs in the beginning.....when monitoring the sound was fine, but once sampled it would distort the sound due to there being too much low end.

Edit - when I say resample above I mean sample the sound again. Not "resample"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:54 pm 

Kegeratorz wrote:
Sharris wrote:

It's a sampler, got it, but man so many make there samplers sound "warm" with material they sample and on board effects to me. I'm no producer though, just how I hear it.

Edit: My opinion of course

no fool. i don't give a fuck if you hate me, i'm right. sp404 does not have a WARM sound ITSELF. you have to sample some shit that SOUNDS WARM already. this is what you said, yes i'm agreeing with you there BUT YOU CAN'T SAY AN SP404 IS WARM BECAUSE YOU CAN SAMPLE WARM THINGS!!!!!!!!111!1!1!
even eqing a not warm sample on an sp won't make it warm, bass heavy music is not the same as warm sound. do you think fuckin 21 savage beats are warm?? lmfao. everyone on here is so butthurt by my attitude they won't even accept the fact that i drop knowledge. no skin off my bones. i feel sorry for the userbase here.

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:14 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:17 pm 

This conversation fucking sucks... I'm jacking yer thread.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:20 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:22 pm 

Sharris wrote:
I get that :)

& there are samplers that actually DO add warmth when sampling into them. 2 samplers that I think add warmth other people disagreed with, but it's fact. It wouldn't be enough to buy for the warmth, but def adds low end. I'm talkin about the MPC 1000 & 2500. I've heard people that own older MPC's like the 60 say the 1000 & 2500 don't do anything to the sound, but they're used to older MPC's, which do more to the sound. All I know is when I sample into the 1000 or 2500 I have to be careful. When monitoring you only hear the incoming signal, but once sampled you hear the difference. The 1000 & 2500 were adding enough low end that I had to resample a lot of drums & bass stabs in the beginning.....when monitoring the sound was fine, but once sampled it would distort the sound due to there being too much low end.

Edit - when I say resample above I mean sample the sound again. Not "resample"

i agree, not the same kind of warmth from analog circuits, but some kind of warmth for sure.

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:23 pm 

This is me warming shit up while using ableton live.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:23 pm 

Sir. you are very very very very good at this. I'm laughing hard at work lol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:24 pm 

Yeah, even me calling the 1000 or 2500 warm would be a stretch & like I said, you def wouldn't buy them for a warm sound. When sampling thru them they make the low end more prominent, but warm...... I don't know I probably shouldn't use that word to describe it. But whatever, I'm talkin in circles.

You can feel sorry for me, but I don't know. I feel pretty good where I'm at right now, not much to be sorry for.

& anything I talk about related to music is based off experience. I love experimenting in general. Even if I do a lot of research, in order to truly understand something you need to experience it for yourself.

My first introduction with forums was a tattoo forum. You can only learn so much listening to other people. So I bought some tattoo guns, tattooed oranges, bananas, grape fruits & that fake skin crap then moved on to tattooing myself & then my best friend. If you're interested in something, learn from doing. Best advice I can give.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next