It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:26 am

Post subject: What streaming platform has the best sound quality ...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:05 am 

What streaming platform has the best sound quality ...

... and which one is the most practical if you would like to make your sound available for listening to others or even if you would like to listen only to what other producers have to offer ? Don't feel constrained by the narrowness of the streaming options of my signature. I heard of BandCamp, Limewire, Spotify, Limewire, Youtube, Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, etc... For that last one we have already one opinion on its practicality.

forest wrote:
The problem with Twitter for music right now is that you need to click a thumbnail and stop it if you scroll down the song will stop, so... it's really bad on a platform that is all about scrolling down lol.

(forest quoted from the thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25492)

Post subject: Re: What streaming platform has the best sound quality ...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:47 pm 

Gabanoise_Records wrote:
What streaming platform has the best sound quality ...

... and which one is the most practical if you would like to make your sound available for listening to others or even if you would like to listen only to what other producers have to offer ? Don't feel constrained by the narrowness of the streaming options of my signature. I heard of BandCamp, Limewire, Spotify, Limewire, Youtube, Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, etc... For that last one we have already one opinion on its practicality.

forest wrote:
The problem with Twitter for music right now is that you need to click a thumbnail and stop it if you scroll down the song will stop, so... it's really bad on a platform that is all about scrolling down lol.

(forest quoted from the thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25492)

um the sound quality difference of different platforms is negligible. an average user doesn't know the difference between a lossless wav and a youtube mp3.
soundcloud is the best platform for getting your music out there.

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

"If you want that '90s sound, record at 12 bit as HOT as you can."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:15 pm 

Meh, soundcloud is dead. Everybody moving out of there. Their whole structure is out of control, its not the same as it was in 2009. Unless you are a signed artist, you won't get much exposure except from beatmakers shoving Trap beats down your throat.

Bandcamp is highly recommended. You can have your track streaming and have a video to go with it too.

Spotify is good too and will get you hella exposure but gotta pay the fees, which isn't bad especially when the money rolls in from purchases.

Facebook was cool but they a bunch of shit-pants and will take it down if someone doesn't agree with your track. Fuck facebook.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:25 pm 

I know Tidal has the whole HIFI thing (lossless) which supposedly sounds amazing

https://soulchoppa.com/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:42 pm 

People usually aren't about quality. 96kbps are okay now... Man, people bang shit on Instagram that trashes the whole audio file. I'm not saying that I'm going with that, but I think that cellphones don't give a shit to song makers and subtle artifacts they are trying to achieve lol.

I know bandcamp does not do anything with your song files when people download it, they will get what you uploaded but I can't remember what about their streaming. I think that everyone other does and are quite harsh in this process.

You probably will be good by being in as many as you can and herding different platforms the way they should be herded if it's your thing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:31 am 

^ exactly . the more nets you put out . the more fish you have opportunity of catching

as for audio quality .. its very marginal .. in who's favour . not even worth the time .. but yea instagram will down grade the quality .. tbh though ive never heard anything on instagram .. n thought "hey the quality has been reduced"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:34 am 

.. also

unless the consumer is listening on monitor speakers or monitor headphones .. i dont think they will get full appreciation of the mix anyway .. most people listen on standard headphones or through the phones actual speaker . long as its clean enough not to detur the listener .. its beyond the audience

the days of shitty napster rips is well n truelly gone