It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 am

Post subject: smh someone tell me whatta do
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:13 am 

what do you do if you aren't inspired :cry:

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

"If you want that '90s sound, record at 12 bit as HOT as you can."

Post subject: Re: smh someone tell me whatta do
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:41 am 

play video games

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:24 am 

lol i meant it more like, what would you do to find inspiration

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:52 am 

Read/watch interviews, listen to music (preferably in the car), think about the goal I set for myself in the next few years, keep trying until I’m exhausted.

https://youtu.be/-bX_KnU6zWs

https://soulchoppa.com/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:50 pm 

watch films .. something that will alter your consciousness . drink a few alchoholic drinks . hit the herb . reset your mind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:36 pm 

Go learning something new not related to whatever you're trying to do.

Pottery or something.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:34 pm 

If you're uninspired, but still want to 'play', there's a few things I do.

Challenge myself - Make a beat using nothing, but 1 song. Play rhythm roulette (grab a few records at random), make a beat out of a song that's in a genre you've never used, make a beat out of nothing but found sounds & sounds you create with your mouth, switch up how you make a beat (start with drums or start with melody or start with bassline), make a beat in a different genre.

Make sounds - Don't worry about creating a beat, but just fuck with sounds. Make sounds, find sounds, sp's are full of effects, use effects you normally don't use.

Try recreating a beat you love, but didn't make - I've only done this a few times & each time my beat turned into something completely different. I started by trying to recreate it, but didn't force anything & ended up making some cool beats even tho they sounded nothing like the beat I was "recreating"

If you have money & want a new piece of gear, new gear always inspires me. I wouldn't say go out & buy gear every time you're uninspired, but if you haven't bought anything in awhile, you have money to spend & could use something, go for it.

Work on old beats - I probably have around 500 beats that I think have potential, but aren't finished. Sometimes when I'm struggling with new beats, I work on old ones.

Or take a break.........sometimes walkin a way for a bit helps too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:34 pm 

SOUL CHOPPA wrote:
Read/watch interviews, listen to music (preferably in the car), think about the goal I set for myself in the next few years, keep trying until I’m exhausted.

https://youtu.be/-bX_KnU6zWs

what's your goal brother?

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:36 pm 

Sharris wrote:
If you're uninspired, but still want to 'play', there's a few things I do.

Challenge myself - Make a beat using nothing, but 1 song. Play rhythm roulette (grab a few records at random), make a beat out of a song that's in a genre you've never used, make a beat out of nothing but found sounds & sounds you create with your mouth, switch up how you make a beat (start with drums or start with melody or start with bassline), make a beat in a different genre.

Make sounds - Don't worry about creating a beat, but just fuck with sounds. Make sounds, find sounds, sp's are full of effects, use effects you normally don't use.

Try recreating a beat you love, but didn't make - I've only done this a few times & each time my beat turned into something completely different. I started by trying to recreate it, but didn't force anything & ended up making some cool beats even tho they sounded nothing like the beat I was "recreating"

If you have money & want a new piece of gear, new gear always inspires me. I wouldn't say go out & buy gear every time you're uninspired, but if you haven't bought anything in awhile, you have money to spend & could use something, go for it.

Work on old beats - I probably have around 500 beats that I think have potential, but aren't finished. Sometimes when I'm struggling with new beats, I work on old ones.

Or take a break.........sometimes walkin a way for a bit helps too.

haha can't work on old beats when you're hardware only
this is good advice though, i've actually done this many times, the rhythm roulette stuff and weird record stuff.

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:38 pm 

so i guess the true fact of the matter is that i'm extremely depressed. incredibly horribly depressed, and i like can't bring myself to touch my samplers cus i'm just like blaaaahhhh :cry: :?

any tips for getting out of depression? lmao i don't even want to tell you people what i've been through because i don't want pity, but help me out.

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:01 pm 

:lol: :lol:

Last edited by 444 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:17 pm 

zendanisdead wrote:

what's your goal brother?

Mainly to make a living of music wether that be rapping or beatmaking.

If you’re depressed you gotta get out man , go around friends. If you got no friends , just get around people. go to the movies, go downtown sit outside and eat or something just get some air. Sitting inside is the worst thing you can do. It’s probably you just feel depressed apposed to actually being depressed. I get that way too sometimes when I’m having a hard time creating music, give it a couple days it’ll come back.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:17 pm 

andy wrote:
go learn something new and different.

like pottery.

for real.

no expectations.

have fun and dont give a shit. dont take it too seriously. meet new people.

change your scenery.

What’s up with you and pottery ? :lol: jk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:50 pm 

I always work on my old hardware only beats. Majority of my beats are hardware only. Not sure why hardware only makes it impossible? Even if you don't use a sequencer. I fixed up numerous beats I made in resample mode. OH! I got a suggestion - when feeling uninspired? Learn new tricks :o)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:57 pm 

I've dealt with depression myself, actually a lot when I was younger, which lead to major drug use, partying every night, tried everything to feel better, did the wrong things to feel better & only made it worse. I learned emotions come from thoughts. Control your thoughts. If you think negatively, you'll feel negatively. & it's not instant, you can't think "I'm happy" & suddenly your happy. But when you have a negative thought it attracts more negative thoughts. & the negative thoughts keep coming, dragging you down. I promise. Control your mind. It helps. & the more you push the negative thoughts away, it becomes a habit.......& almost like building a muscle.....it gets easier & easier. Since I learned this 12 years ago I haven't been depressed since. When I can tell my thoughts are becoming negative, I switch up my thinking.