It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 am

Post subject: Re: smh someone tell me whatta do
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:00 am 

AND yeah like Soul Choppa said, being around people helps too. Why? Cuz it gets you out of your head! When your mind's in a dark place you gotta get out of it

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:22 pm 

Sharris wrote:
I've dealt with depression myself, actually a lot when I was younger, which lead to major drug use, partying every night, tried everything to feel better, did the wrong things to feel better & only made it worse. I learned emotions come from thoughts. Control your thoughts. If you think negatively, you'll feel negatively. & it's not instant, you can't think "I'm happy" & suddenly your happy. But when you have a negative thought it attracts more negative thoughts. & the negative thoughts keep coming, dragging you down. I promise. Control your mind. It helps. & the more you push the negative thoughts away, it becomes a habit.......& almost like building a muscle.....it gets easier & easier. Since I learned this 12 years ago I haven't been depressed since. When I can tell my thoughts are becoming negative, I switch up my thinking.

Deep, love it, good shit dude!

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:33 pm 

hehe yeah I go deep sometimes.... I'm an emotional girl (not calling myself a little bitch. I'm actually a girl).
Finding out that I was capable of controlling my emotions & that it wasn't as hard as I thought was the biggest life changing lesson I've learned (it just takes a little time to make it a habit).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:38 pm 

Sharris wrote:
hehe yeah I go deep sometimes.... I'm an emotional girl (not calling myself a little bitch. I'm actually a girl).
Finding out that I was capable of controlling my emotions & that it wasn't as hard as I thought was the biggest life changing lesson I've learned (it just takes a little time to make it a habit).

Dudette!

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:49 pm 

I should make that my producer name. DJ Dudette

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:00 pm 

Sharris wrote:
I should make that my producer name. DJ Dudette

Ha, yes!

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:28 am 

SOUL CHOPPA wrote:
zendanisdead wrote:

what's your goal brother?

Mainly to make a living of music wether that be rapping or beatmaking.

If you’re depressed you gotta get out man , go around friends. If you got no friends , just get around people. go to the movies, go downtown sit outside and eat or something just get some air. Sitting inside is the worst thing you can do. It’s probably you just feel depressed apposed to actually being depressed. I get that way too sometimes when I’m having a hard time creating music, give it a couple days it’ll come back.

i've had crippling depression for years lmao

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

"If you want that '90s sound, record at 12 bit as HOT as you can."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:17 am 

zendanisdead wrote:
SOUL CHOPPA wrote:
zendanisdead wrote:

what's your goal brother?

Mainly to make a living of music wether that be rapping or beatmaking.

If you’re depressed you gotta get out man , go around friends. If you got no friends , just get around people. go to the movies, go downtown sit outside and eat or something just get some air. Sitting inside is the worst thing you can do. It’s probably you just feel depressed apposed to actually being depressed. I get that way too sometimes when I’m having a hard time creating music, give it a couple days it’ll come back.

Yo ive had to deal with depression and god did it hold me back, ive mostly moved on but every now and then it just pops up in the form of a panic attack. What I found out that works for me is to just keep making music or doing music related things. Sometimes when im burnt out, I take a beat that ive heard and I try to figure out all the little tricks that person did and how i could try to recreate it. It keeps my mind thinking and away from the depression, there still is some there but it becomes much more manageable.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:06 am 

zendanisdead wrote:

Yea I wasn’t trying to say you didn’t , I just know that’s the case a lot of times. Jut trying to help

https://soulchoppa.com/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:39 am 

This is a good thread. I can relate. For me, being uninspired, depression, and creative block have always gone hand in hand. I had a bad block that lasted 4 years through my late 20's to early 30's. I was living alone for the first time in my life, working long hours, in a fucked up long distance relationship. My grandfather killed his self. Then my dad died from a heart attack. The next year my mom died of cancer, just a couple months after discovering it. Shit hit me hard. I wasn't taking care of myself or barely even sleeping. I ended up quitting a really good job. I just walked out and didn't say anything. I probably smoked my body weight in cigarettes and weed that next winter. I wouldn't answer my phone when friends called. Making music just felt hopeless. One day I got so tired of being inside, I pulled out a old bicycle, aired up the tires, put in my ear buds and started riding. I wasn't really ever into regular exercise, but I think I rode a couple miles that day. Something about it just made me feel free again. Like being a kid again. I started riding everyday, pushing myself harder. 5 mile rides turned 10, 20, 30 mile rides. All that riding was making me feel better. Getting more oxygen in my lungs and my blood flowing. Spring came and for some reason I got the idea that I wanted to start a garden. So, I planted a ton of different vegetables and actually did pretty well with most of it. It also felt like I had something to take care of. Even if they were a bunch of plants. I had been living off of fast food and frozen dinners. But just eating clean, fresh food made just a big difference as exercise did. It helped me control my thoughts and I felt happy for no damn reason most days. I would dig in the dirt and watch all the worms, bees, and butterflies do their thing. Life just started making sense again in some subtle way. I eventually started making music again.

So yeah, stay busy, keep your head clear, eat good, sleep good, move around a little, get some sunshine on your skin, take a break and inspiration will come back to you. Also, it's easy for some and harder for others, but for fuck's sake try to love yourself. It's the only way your gonna put love into anything else.

Last edited by Sweat One on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:42 am 

HUNGRYMAN wrote:
This is a good thread. I can relate. For me, being uninspired, depression, and creative block have always gone hand in hand. I had a bad block that lasted 4 years through my late 20's to early 30's. I was living alone for the first time in my life, working long hours, in a fucked up long distance relationship. Then my dad died from a heart attack. The next year my mom died of cancer, just a couple months after discovering it. Shit hit me hard. I wasn't taking care of myself or barely even sleeping. I ended up quitting a really good job. I just walked out and didn't say anything. I probably smoked my body weight in cigarettes and weed that next winter. I wouldn't answer my phone when friends called. Making music just felt hopeless. One day I got so tired of being inside, I pulled out a old bicycle, aired up the tires, put in my ear buds and started riding. I wasn't really ever into regular exercise, but I think I rode a couple miles that day. Something about it just made me feel free again. Like being a kid again. I started riding everyday, pushing myself harder. 5 mile rides turned 10, 20, 30 mile rides. All that riding was making me feel better. Getting more oxygen in my lungs and my blood flowing. Spring came and for some reason I got the idea that I wanted to start a garden. So, I planted a ton of different vegetables and actually did pretty well with most of it. It also felt like I had something to take care of. Even if they were a bunch of plants. I had been living off of fast food and frozen dinners. But just eating clean, fresh food made just a big difference as exercise did. It helped me control my thoughts and I felt happy for no damn reason most days. I would dig in the dirt and watch all the worms, bees, and butterflies do their thing. Life just started making sense again in some subtle way. I eventually started making music again.

So yeah, stay busy, keep your head clear, eat good, sleep good, move around a little, get some sunshine on your skin, take a break and inspiration will come back to you. Also, it's easy for some and harder for others, but for fuck's sake try to love yourself. It's the only way your gonna put love into anything else.

Inspiring.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:37 pm 

zendanisdead wrote:

Nothing wrong with a little therapy, everyone should do it now and again.

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:14 pm 

HUNGRYMAN wrote:
This is a good thread. I can relate. For me, being uninspired, depression, and creative block have always gone hand in hand. I had a bad block that lasted 4 years through my late 20's to early 30's. I was living alone for the first time in my life, working long hours, in a fucked up long distance relationship. My grandfather killed his self. Then my dad died from a heart attack. The next year my mom died of cancer, just a couple months after discovering it. Shit hit me hard. I wasn't taking care of myself or barely even sleeping. I ended up quitting a really good job. I just walked out and didn't say anything. I probably smoked my body weight in cigarettes and weed that next winter. I wouldn't answer my phone when friends called. Making music just felt hopeless. One day I got so tired of being inside, I pulled out a old bicycle, aired up the tires, put in my ear buds and started riding. I wasn't really ever into regular exercise, but I think I rode a couple miles that day. Something about it just made me feel free again. Like being a kid again. I started riding everyday, pushing myself harder. 5 mile rides turned 10, 20, 30 mile rides. All that riding was making me feel better. Getting more oxygen in my lungs and my blood flowing. Spring came and for some reason I got the idea that I wanted to start a garden. So, I planted a ton of different vegetables and actually did pretty well with most of it. It also felt like I had something to take care of. Even if they were a bunch of plants. I had been living off of fast food and frozen dinners. But just eating clean, fresh food made just a big difference as exercise did. It helped me control my thoughts and I felt happy for no damn reason most days. I would dig in the dirt and watch all the worms, bees, and butterflies do their thing. Life just started making sense again in some subtle way. I eventually started making music again.

i sympathize with this heavily.... i didn't want to talk about what i'm going through but fuck it

i lost my mom to cancer as well and i don't have any other family except my sister
i've lost friends (mostly because they are fucked up druggy assholes that use people) and i had a girl i was with on and off for 10 years who i lost my virginity to and it's been horrible between her and i... she fucked someone i used to call one of my best friends while she was with me... a lot of shit

i say i don't have other family because my dad is a psychopath and didn't raise me but he's still alive.

i'm having a really hard time pulling myself out of this hole, i've always lived for my mother trying to gain her approval when she always told me i wasn't good enough, told my to kill myself multiple times

now that she's gone i feel like i have no reason to do anything, i hate myself and i don't feel any desire to live for myself...

haha guess what else, recently my trusty computer's hard disk failed and i lost every beat i've ever made besides the ones on soundcloud and bandcamp... around 1000+ songs....

i've struggled with heroin and benzo addiction, alcoholism... i'm a week or two clean from heroin and i might feel less sick, but my depression is no better

also i smoke a pack every few days at the moment and i'm still drinking (not as heavily as i did around the time my mom passed)

you don't want to know what i went through when she was slowly dying. i haven't ever told anyone. it's too fucked up.

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:15 pm 

she passed a couple months after i turned 19
i'm turning 21 may 6

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:02 pm 

I'm sorry man, you're definitely going thru some shit. Coming down off opiates makes the depression worse as well. & when things in life get fucked up it makes you want to use even more.
I know you're having a hard time with inspiration, but sometimes putting all that pain into your music helps. Anything to keep you busy & get you out of your head. Try replacing bad thoughts with good thoughts, even if it doesn't seem like there's a lot of good in life. There's always something. You're young. You're alive. You found a passion in life..... most people go there whole life without finding something they truly love to do.
Things will get better. Things will get easier.